Translate

Monday 18 April 2016

May You Sparkle on Your Special Day


I know I posted earlier but I was fiddling around and realised two challenges are finishing up soon and I had wanted to enter them. I haven't done the card for one and it only has 3 1/2 hours left so may have to miss it BUT I got this one done.
Love the CASology Challenge as its PINK and that makes it so easy.

I have done cards in similar design before as I stamped and embossed them all together, leaving some to be watercoloured later. Now its later.
Stamped  the gems and embossed  with silver embossing powder on watercolour paper. I decided to use Distress Inks to colour these so I just used all the pink tones: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose; Victorian Velvet and Picked Raspberry. Did a bit of mixing around till I liked all the colours.

Once dry I smothered in Wink of Stella which means they have a brilliant sparkle but couldn't get that to show in these photo. They look fantastic IRL.


I was going to use a die cut sentiment but decided it would look better stamped and embossed with the Silver emboss powder.



I love this sentiment as it can be used for many different occasions and 
it is just such a nice thing to say to someone.




This is my third card I am entering in this, I couldn't find any rule as to how many times so if this is too many let me know and I will remove the link. Thank you


Thank you for coming to visit and I hope I see you again soon.







12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colours and the most perfect sentiment. Such a pretty layout and the embossing is perfect. Yes I can never get my cards to show up the bling x

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful card and such a gorgeous sentiment. I love the silver EP and the pink tones - it looks ombré which is even lovelier. Beautifully done. Xx

Cara said...

Love the pink gems. I'm so impressed at your lack of speckles from heat embossing, mine never gets that clean despite an anti static bag! Cara X

Judy1223 said...

Aileen, what beautiful colors and shades of pink you have created...I'm sure the Wink of Stella makes these gems really shine in person! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

Danoesja said...

Hi Aileen
These gems stamps are beautiful and so fine to emboss them, it's a lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Greetings, Danoesja

lostinpaper said...

Perfect sentiment for so many occasions I agree, those sweet jewels are really so pretty Aileen, you really do make them sparkle!

Jen W. said...

That is a fabulous array of jewels, Aileen! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love a good multi-use sentiment like this one. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

chrissy xx said...

Beautiful! I LOve your CAS design. These gems are so pretty as are the colours..You are so brave to stamp and emboss the sentiment too. Think I might have used a die cut! No! I know I would have used a die cut lol...
Chrissyxx

Niinu said...

Lovely card! Those gems and colors - wau!

Pat said...

This is a pretty CAS card Aileen and I love all the pink gems and a great sentiment too. x

Coralynn Murray said...

I love the embossing and your colouring of the gems. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful...love all your incredible gems.