Translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

beautiful Butterfly



An idea took me in this direction. I'm not sure the word sentiment which I cut from a lacy stamped and watercoloured panel which was in pinks and the die cut butterfly that is oranges and pinks work together. I felt they did but you can tell me. I can take it :)

Close up of the sentiment and the butterfly sitting on the 'e'. Lets ignore the
crooked 'u'. They are both watercoloured, white embossed on watercolour cardstock and of course I managed to squeeze a bit more 'Wink of Stella' out of the pen (I have already topped up twice with water so I think I have used to total exhaustion). 


the card started when I was using this partial die that just cuts one edge. Isn't it beautiful, there are four different designs in the set and I love them. After I cut out the section I thought glitter paper so used the plain white glitter paper to highlight it.

Added the sentiment then the butterfly and decided enough (especially as I want to add to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge and that closes in 34 minutes) (raised eyebrows at that I mean to say!!!)

I think it looks good as is and doesn't need anything else just not sure on the colour of the die cut sentiment. May stick another over in butterfly colours in the morning. Will see how I feel.

Challenges









Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


11 comments:

Gayatri said...

Elegant card. Love the shimmer peeking through the die cut. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add Shimmer Challenge. Gayatri xx

Mac Mable said...

I think the way you've done the sentiment die works really well with the die in the corner and picks up the cuts..if that makes sense? So I wouldn't change it. Loving the butterfly too. When I saw this die to buy I wasn't sure of it, as I couldn't 'read' it, as if it didn't make sense, had to look at it a few times but I am liking it on your cad x

Anonymous said...

Love the die on the corner! Great card!

BożenA said...

Wow! Finesse and beauty in one. I love this card. You created a true masterpiece.
Hugs,
BożenA

Cara said...

Lovely card, I like the colour of the sentiment on it. Cara x

crafty said...

Beautiful simplicity! Thank you for joining in at Crafting From the Heart this week.
Mary

chrissie said...

Love the way you made a cut our corner for your beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Lynne in NI said...

Fab card, the colour theme looks great!
I didn't know you could top up a a WoS pen, I'm gonna give that a go!

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing project,what a delicate and beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at TIOT!
oxo Susi

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So true, that lacy corner is simply beautiful!

Greta said...

Unique & very pretty, Aileen!