Translate

Thursday 11 August 2016

WISHING YOU PEACE AND JOY

Hi everyone.  
This post is a midway reminder about the Time Out Challenge that is currently running
and my chance to be Guest Designer again. 
I am so excited about having the chance to join the ohh so talented 
Design Team for this challenge.

Remember the challenge is:
Holidays (any holidays) with the Optional Twist of No Stamping (other than the sentiment).




I have gone Christmas again as yes its already past the half way mark and I have only done one other Christmas card. 
For this card I have followed the twist of no stamping other than the sentiment.  I have used a piece of Glossy cardstock and Alcohol inks in blues and a wee bit of silver. I made this piece a few weeks ago and have posted about it here. So if you want to read about how to achieve this look check it out (later).

I used half the piece and die cut with this wonderful snowflake frame die from Simon Says. I then made a shaker sleeve with a fuse tool and added some sequins, Using a sleeve makes it easier to make the shaker as I was able to just tape to the back of the die cut negative. I then reattached the snowflake frame and glued a few sequins on the outside.


I was able to glue the snowflake frame into place by adding glue along the side of the negative and pressing the snowflake frame onto it.


In this instance I have stamped and silver embossed the sentiment that is from a set that is no longer available from AnnaBelle Stamps.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and please don't forget to go visit the
to see what the Design Team have made and you will find lots
of inspiration.

Remember the Challenge is Holiday and that covers all types of holidays
 and they would love to see you there.

I hope you enjoyed your visit and come visit again soon.

7 comments:

Karren said...

Your alcohol ink frame looks fabulous, Aileen! Gorgeous Christmas card and it is a reminder to me that I really need to start making them, as Christmas is not that far away :)

Mac Mable said...

Stunning. The alcohol inks are amazing and love the snowflake frame die. Such a fabulous idea to make the shaker card and such beautiful sentiment. Fabulous card x

sandie said...

This is stunning Aileen. I love that blue panel, amazing look. So fabulous you made it into a shaker and fun idea to add a few sequins to the front. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer. Both of your cards were amazing x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is stunning and I love all the wonderful shades of blue that you've used and a wonderful sentiment too :) X

Cara said...

This is stunning, love the shaker aspect of it, just wonderful. Cara x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a fun and vibrant christmas card...love the shaker elements and the shining!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Anita in France said...

What a stunner, Aileen ... all those blue hues are gorgeous ... such delicious, frosty, shinyness! It was a delight to have you Guest Designing with us at Time Out (even though I'm a bit late saying so) ... thank you! Hugs, Anita :)