Translate

Saturday 1 August 2015

Happy Father's Day


Yes I know its not Father's Day yet but thought I would colour a few cards so my grandkids can pick out which one they want for their dad when it gets closer (we celebrate Fathers Day in September here in Australia). This is one of the few Mo's Digital Pencil rubber stamps I own. Mostly own digital images of hers but have started buying the rubber which then gives me a bit more choice with my stamping. Actually I painted the little ballerina last week and she is also a Mo's clear rubber stamp (can't think of the name they use for clear stamps so that will do). 

 I coloured in with Distress inks and had a little bit of overflow with the orange t-shirt (lesson one - clear emboss when stamping with black ink just to ensure there is no overspill) I have always clear embossed for watercoloring but have become rather lazy/eager to get things done and have been bypassing this step.
Its not too bad but does look better with clear embossing so will get back into the habit. Also can't work out why I did the ground in grey, maybe I was thinking shadow and got carried away. Should have been grass - looks like dad is dragging her along the road (lol).

Ahh come on she's smiling, it can't be too bad!!!! Finished it off with a free stamp sentiment I got from Stamplorations the last time I bought something. Its a beauty hey!

Cut the panel smaller than the card base. Added a sheet of patterned paper to the base of the card then attached my coloured panel. All done.




Okay thanks for visiting and hopefully you will be back soon.

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your coloring of Mo's ADORABLE image is awesome! Cute, cute card

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this sweet image and who you colored it, Aileen! Way to rock those Distress Inks! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

...Sorry! I meant HOW you colored it. :)

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Awwww! So sweet! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

lostinpaper said...

Another fabulous Mo image and another great card Aileen!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful - as I am coming to expect when I visit. You don't let me down.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is so cute! And your coloring is superb!

Lena said...

So sweet! Lovely image beautifully coloured.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...just so sweet!