Translate

Thursday 8 September 2016

An Altenew Flower and a Couple of Piglets


An interesting Title hey!! Got you thinking, no I haven't combined the two. I have made two cards and the sentiment for the Piglets card is too long for my title.

Now my first card is the flower from the Moms Best Altenew flower set. I LOVE this flower, so much potential and so easy to colour and I splurged and bought the die for it. I've seen so many beautiful samples its like where do I start, maybe I should do a flower a day in as many ways as possible. Now that would be interesting, probably the longest part of that process would be chasing up the inspiration links.

I saw a card where the flower was only partly cut out and I liked that so decided to follow that idea and I mentioned in a previous post the way Janet showed off the coloured dimensional foam under the card layer. Lucky for me I had one piece of blue left (ratssss) and it was just enough with a little


surgical assistance for the panel. I did the same amount of die cut on the blue foam  and the coloured image and managed for once to get it right first go. Forgot to mention the colouring is Copics.

I even managed to remember to stamp my sentiment before adhering the front panel. (stamped, stamped where is that stamped sentiment, why its in the bin with the rest of that card). First as I was attaching the front panel I noticed mmm a smear here and a smear there and where did that come from and how will I cover that then I looked at the sentiment, the smeared sentiment). #$%%^^^%%^%$$$## (thats me swearing ok!!)

I managed to remove the foam backed front panel with minimal damage, yes thats why I have a delicate little star sitting on the flower, to cover the tear). I reattached to the next card and added a silver mirror die cut 'Celebrate' and a few sequins and I was back to happy.
I love that blue foam look. You can really see it here and its bloody brilliant I say.


Now to this cutie patootie 



Stamp from Stamping Bella, so simple to colour, still working on my pig colours. 
But happy enough here.


After colouring I added some green for the grass their sitting on and some Wink of Stella
on the flowers. One layer card, so simple and isn't that sentiment just the best.



'The Best way to 
cheer yourself up,
is to try to cheer
somebody else up.'

He was a clever man that Mark Twain.

This statement comes with the piglets. Card is finished off with some mixed sequins.


Challenges:

Piglets and sentiment stamped.
 I added the wrong image to the link it should have been 
the piglets, sorry.

Piglets and sentiment stamped.
I added the wrong image to the link it should have been 
the piglets, sorry.



Piglets and sentiment stamped.



The Altenew flower and Celebrate and dimensional 
all die cut.



TheAltenew flower card blue Foam was a few snippets put 
together and the silver 'celebrate'
was also a snippet.



The Altenew flower card was Partial Die cutting and using 
coloured dimensional foam 
to highlight the colour.



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.







27 comments:

StirYourCreativity said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the color of the flower, it looks so real!

Ashwini Rao said...

Pretty cards, Aileen! The second one is super cute!!

Flo Langley said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen. Your colouring is always superb. Those piggies are adorable. I bet they don't eat the strawberry plants :)
Flo x

Di said...

Oh Aileen - I do love your honesty! Fabulous snippets card in the end, who would have guessed you'd had all the problems along the way - not me for sure! And I do love the little piggies too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Quick change of hat here: Thank you for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania.

Hugs

Di xx (DT)

Jeanne said...

I think your first card is gorgeous. Sorry you had such a time with it, but your solutions are so pretty! Well done. You do a great job with your coloring, that is for sure and I really like the colored foam you used. The second card is adorable. Your piglets are colored so well and I adore that sentiment. What a great reminder! Yes, Mark Twain packed quite the punch in the quotes attributed to him. :) Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Mac Mable said...

Clever placement on your first card and the most fabulous colouring...as always x Such a cute second card, thank you for sharing these fabulous cards x

Mrs A. said...

Your piglet card is so oinkably sweet! . I love that sentiment too. Great save on the first card as well. Hugs Mrs A.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Aileen! You won the September 10th at the 12 kits of occasions please send me an email so I can mail you your kit congratulations

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Aileen! You won the September 10th at the 12 kits of occasions please send me an email so I can mail you your kit congratulations

*Vicki* said...

Both of these creations look stunning!! :) I love the top card with the floral design and your pretty details with the gold! Those piggies are just the sweetest!! What a super cute and fun card!! Thanks for sharing these gems my friend! HUGS

Cara said...

Two very different but fabulous cards. I'm totally getting hubby to buy me a misti for my birthday. The number of mis stamped things in my bin is ridiculous! Have a fun day, Cara x

Pia S said...

That flower card caught my attention immediately! It's beautifully CAS and so well colored.

Ruth said...

Oh wow! I love that flower and the Copic colouring is amazing! I'm impressed with your partial die cutting on something that fiddly. I struggle with basic partial! And as for Stamping Bella. Well, what can I say. It's just perfect and the sentiment is fab. Great jobs! xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This flower card is amazing! The partial die-cutting is such a clever idea! I actually wanted to try it, too, but then I forgot.... Thanks for the reminder. I am going on vacation for two weeks, not sure if I can remember it until I come back home.....

Jo said...

You are one awesome watercolorist, have been looking through your blog and I love what I've seen. Great JOB!!! Hugz

Anonymous said...

a beautiful floral card in blue, aileen, and i love the partial cutting! the adorable piglets look perfectly content and are beautifully coloured!
linda

Karen R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen R said...

Awesome Cards! I love the flower card and the blue foam looks perfect. Love these techniques, I'll have to try then for my self.

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards again Aileen....hmm now I might need the flower stamp too lol ;) Viv xx

sandie said...

Aileen your cards are so stunning, the design amazing and the flowers so gorgeous with the dimension. Your creativity is always blooming. Thanks for joining AAA

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 super stunning cards Aileen and my that floral one for AAA Cards is a total work of art! Another one for the wish list and you've done so well with the surgical technique! Love it and thanks for playing along with us this week. Sarah xx

Coralynn Murray said...

both cards are lovely! I love Altenew flowers as well and this one has just gone on my wish list! You did a great job at the partial die cutting. This is a great technique and one that I love but don't use often enough. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

cm said...

I second, third and fourth all the commenters before me: your flower card is gorgeous, especially with the partial-die cutting technique and the lovely blue. As for your piggies: cutie-patooties indeed! I think you have your 'pig' colours down pat! Adorable!!!
~carol

Lynne in NI said...

Ha I did laugh at your trauma over your floral card - glad you persevered, the end result is fab-u-lous!! Good to know I'm not the only one with inky fingers ;)
And your 2nd card is so cute, I reckon you did a great job with your pig colours (mine usually turn out pink LOL)

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love those wonderful flowers.

Emma Williams said...

Really gorgeous cards and the first one is simply beautiful, so elegant and sophisticated ~ gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Gayatri said...

Both your cards are beautiful. My favourite is the first card. The colours are beautiful and vibrant. Pops out against the white background. LOVE it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx