Translate

Tuesday 5 April 2022

The Flower Challenge #67 Add a Heart





So this month we would like to see you 'Add a Heart' to your cards, as well as the usual FLOWERS of course too.  It can be large or small...or even a heart shaped card...you decide...just make sure to add one somewhere on your card. If in any doubt see the examples made by our talented Design Team at The Flower Challenge

We are adding our own heart again here to show support for Ukraine.
Our prayers go out to all those affected by this terrible war.

Our Guest Designer this month is the fabulous Esther Asbury from Shoregirl's creations who was also our winner for February last year. Do check out her blog/Instagram if you have a minute as she makes such fabulous cards.



This is my card for the challenge. I coloured the roses with my palest blues and the edges in pale pink/mauve.
I love how it turned out. This stamped image is from The Ton called Country Rose Cluster


I then decided to cut the panel with a heart die from Poppy Stamps but on search I couldn't find it there. I did however find it available at  Scrap 'N Stamp. I love the way the lines come out from each side of the heart. I cut three times so I could layer it up. I was worried it was a bit camouflaged by the flowers but when looking through my other die cuts I found this wonder Heart cluster from Stamplorations cut in silver mirror cardstock and it was a perfect fit over the original heart.


So happy with the end result.



Last time I spoke to you all I mentioned my son was getting married 18th March. Well the wedding had to be postponed due to Covid hitting the household. My son Aaron, his future wife Rachael and both children were confirmed by 5am the day of the wedding. Another grandson was confirmed on the Sunday.They are all now much better and no one got long Covid so that is a blessing.

A new date is set for May 12th. Keep your fingers crossed, third time lucky.


Crafty Hugs


Aileen



3 comments:

BożenA said...

Not only do your roses look so fresh and lush, but the addition of an additional heart-shaped dimension based on beautifully undulating rails makes this card one of the most beautiful. I love her, Aileen.
xx

lostinpaper said...

Your colouring and your card are both amazing Aileen, you always inspire! AND I'm also glad that the family are all well now, that is such bad luck but yes, go with 'third time lucky' (crossed fingers and everything)

Bobby said...

Those blue roses are lovely, Aileen, and the silver heart fits over them beautifully. I'm so glad there were no long term effects of Covid and the wedding has gotten a new date.