Translate

Friday 4 January 2019

Three Fairies and a Dog!!!!

 I'm starting this year off in the right way. I am getting stuck in and using stamps I have had in my NBUS pile or are recent acquisitions. 
The fairies,  flowers and mushroom are from the latest Hero Art Kit (Decembers one) and has been a very popular hit with everyone. As soon as I saw it I could image lots of different cards perfect for my granddaughter to use for friends birthdays.
  I usually take so long to get my kits that everyone has shown what they can do and are busy looking at the next kits sneak peaks so inspiration sort of comes and goes before I can use. This time there is still lots of activity going on and I can see why. Its cute and pretty and just perfect for little girls.

I hope you can handle the number of cards that are going to come your way from just this kit. Today I have two using the three fairies, the daisy, mushroom and one sentient.
On this card I also used a new die that arrived yesterday from Sugar Pea Designs Isn't it amazing, the swirl of stars and wee little dots. I angled it off the edge as it was a bit long for the scene I had stamped but it still looks perfect. Added some silver glitter paper behind for sparkle.


I have coloured with Copics and Im in love with the dark blue Copic mix, new to me.
B99 B21 B24 and when finished I added sparkle with the gel pen that came with the stamps and dies to the wings of the fairies and in dots to the front of the bodice of the blue dress. I also added a little grey to the underside of the daisy as I dropped the daisy stamp and it left a faint shadow.
The sentiment is perfect for it. This is also all one layer which is amazing for me, no splotches or extra ink marks.


This next one is also one layer and after colouring the fairy and mushroom I masked and blended inks for background. I stamped the fairy first, then masked her and then stamped the mushroom.
You can see the sparkle on the wings from the Glitter Gel Pen that comes with the kit.
I blended distress  oxide as its so easy to get a smooth blend. I added a mask made from
a acetate sheet that I cut on the Scan n Cut with a rectangle shape. I have half a dozen sheets with different sized rectangles on them, they are great for masking and can just be wiped down after use.



I decided to leave a gap between the colours as I had seen this done and really loved the look. Sorry cant offer credit there as I have looked at so many cards it would probably take me a week to find the person again.  Anyhoooo finished off with die cut 'happy birthday' and some pretty little rainbow coloured gems. Very happy with it.


This final is a quicky card with a little puppy I had previously coloured, fussy cut. I think it maybe Whimsey stamp but will need to check. The birthday sentiment I have had forever, its not available anymore sorry.

 I stamped on the red cardstock with VersaMark ink and a background stamp with honeycomb look but it really doesnt show up well in these photos. It looks amazing IRL and has a dark contrast more like maroon to the red cardstock. I thought the image perfect as I had coloured him playing with red paint.

Okay thats it for today other than another family share.
My oldest grandson Keegan 16 years came and stayed for a week and my youngest Grandson Koby at 10 weeks enjoying lots of cuddles.


thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Challenges:

Never Stop Dreaming




Happy Birthday Fairy & Mushroom



Without the Topping Happy Birthday Fairy & Mushroom




Happy birthday Puppy




I was unable to attach button, sorry.

Never Stop Dreaming, 
Stamps and Die new.




Never Stop Dreaming




Happy Birthday Puppy


















10 comments:

Aileen said...

fairies and dogs

Cathy said...

Hi Aileen, what a gorgeous card, love the fairies and the die is perfect for sprinkling shimmery stars, thankyou for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x (Gorgeous family pic too!)

lostinpaper said...

I can see why you are so excited about these fairies your cards are so wonderful! Cute pic too!

JoAnn said...

Love all your cards. Fairies look great on each one. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Cute pic of your grandsons.

Heidi Weaver said...

What a lovely set of cards you've created with your newest kit, Aileen. I love those fairy images. Your colouring is stunning and the shimmery stars are perfect to indicate the magic that's going on. Love it! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Karen Dunbrook said...

great cards mf...love the pic!
xx Karen

Created by Kath said...

You've created some wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Dandi93 said...

Sweet fairy cards Aileen, I really love the sponged rectangle... Your puppy card is adorable

Monica C. said...

You puppy card is very cute. I love the red card. The fairies are gorgeous too!
Thank you for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.
Monica C. DT CWAA

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards, beautiful grandchildren...what more can I say. I am very happy to see that sweet puppy card, just got that stamp and you are right, it is a Whismy Stamp. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!