Translate

Monday 31 December 2018

A look back at 2018

It's been very quiet here on my blog this last month barely managing a couple of posts for December.

I hit a wall early this month and found I just could not get past it.
 Each time I went in the craft room to make a card I just felt overwhelmed. Maybe because I had coloured so much and made so many backgrounds and diecuts and it looked like Christmas wonderland but I think more likely it was just a reaction to how life has changed over the last 12 months.  
Life has been a little harder this year and I began to feel that the joy had been taken from it. 
Then we welcomed our wonderful new grandson in October and the downward spiral came to a stop.





Koby at 9 weeks.

I couldn't resist adding this one, he is only 3 weeks here
but looks so funny in his old mans hat.

Dale, Elysha and Aaron
Mason, Keegan, Koby & Sophie 
Christmas eve was an amazing fun filled night.
I wish all my kids and grandchildren could be there and mum and dad but I am learning to take what I can get and enjoy every minute of it. And I wish they had called me in when they took this photo so I could insist the girls be in it too.  
Keegan is my oldest grandchild and at 16 is now the tallest in the family. This Christmas he came to stay for the week before and it was lovely to have him there, cooking with me, shopping, chatting and spending quality time with John. He and Elysha have a bond that is amazing to see.


Sophie joined little Nippers this year and dances and sings her way through
the day. But best of all she loves crafting, card making and got her first craft bag full of 
goodies for Christmas and listened attentively to every direction on how to clean stamps
etc. She gazes at my craft room with stars in her eyes but is now happy that she has 
her own stuff. 

I love this photo because it catches Mason perfectly. My little monkey
I look after him during the week and we love racing cars and trains
and have found we love using the racing track that spits the cars out at a rapid
speed especially if we can get 5 or 6 cars going at the same time
causing a lot of noise, crashes and cheering from us and makes us feel good.
Then theres trips to the park, TV time and snuggles, lots of snuggles.
I only have one more year then he will be off to school. 

Jake is now 11 years old and has slowed down a bit. 
Signs of arthritis in the back legs and some days are not so great.  
He not only goes to visit at Elysha's different programs putting up with being patted and cuddled by all there, but now also visits with mum and dad at the Nursing home and patiently sits and gets patted by anyone who stops by.  He makes a lot of people very happy. He makes us very happy.


Well not card related but some happy snaps I hope you enjoyed.

See you in the New Year

Aileen




13 comments:

Aileen said...

here we go again

3kidmama said...

Happy New Year, Aileen! You have such a beautiful family - so very blessed!

Michelle Lupton said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2019, with lots of fun craftiness :) Thanks for sharing these photos!

TaeEun said...

Happy New Year, Aileen!!! Lovely pictures! You have the cutest grandchildren and fur baby! I have no idea why but I always imagined Jake as a larger dog :) !

Vicki Dutcher said...

A nice 2018 recap. Looking forward to your 2019 cards too. Happy new year

Vicki said...

I have not been the best visitor hope to correct this in 2019. Looking forward to seeing your creations.
Thanks for sharing the pics. All the best for 2019!

Cathy said...

Happy New Year Aileen, gorgeous family pics and Jake is a real sweetie, Cathy x

Greta said...

Fun to see your pictures, Aileen! Can just imagine how fun Christmas Eve was with the kiddos! The new baby is a little doll! Wishing you peace & joy in 2019!

lostinpaper said...

Happy New Year my wonderful friend, thank you for sharing the photos of your lovely family, you certainly made me smile!

I Card Everyone said...

Cards are great, family is better, Aileen! Wishing you all the best in 2019 my friend!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful family photos and of Jake too x
Thank you for your blog friendship in 2018 and here's to a Healthy, Happy and Crafty 2019 x.

Karren said...

You have a beautiful family, Aileen! And Jake is just adorable. Happy New Year, my friend.

Ruth said...

I've come to realise that the time spent with family is the time you can't get back and you have shared some wonderful pictures with your gang which is so good of you. I love seeing the baby ones of Koby. He's such a peach!! Do what you need to do to stay sane :) xxx