Translate

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Happy 7th Birthday Sophie




I'm back I think, well. I've just spent two days making cards so I'm pretty sure I am. 
There are cards for www.theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com.au but you don't get 
to see one till tomorrow and the other on the 15th.

Today's card is all about Sophie, my granddaughter who is 7 today. As well as my
granddaughter she is my crafting buddy and loves everything that is rainbows, flowers,
glitter, sparkle, fairies and unicorns and she is my sweet tooth friend too. When you go out
for lunch or dinner, and its just Nanny and Sophie its dessert first and if you are really hungry 
after then something savoury.

Todays birthday card is all about fairies and rainbows and glitter.
This may look like two cards but it's one with a special inside. The outside was very quick and easy. All the ingredients are Hero Art Kit from last year and I love this kit. The main kit is not available now but a lot of the add ons are so worth a look if your into fairies.
I first Distress Oxide blended some rainbow colours then attached the panel to a white card.
I die cut this fairy scene twice, once in black for shadow and once in gold glitter for the top layer.
I cut the black layer down the middle and trimmed a little from both sides (probably should have trimmed more but its a learning process).
Glued it in place, checking with my gold layer that black would show as I went. Then I spent 10 minutes looking for that little black piece which is her face yes cause the middle cut took off her face and I should have realised it would look funny without it. Found eventually and glued in place.
Then attached the gold layer. Finished it with the 'Happy birthday' die cut which I ran the Nuvo clear glitter brush over.

Inside is the fairy from the Hero Art kit, which I die cut and coloured with Copics.
Glued her in place, Found the sentiment I wanted then found some itty bitty
gold stars from a die cut background and glued them in place.

I love how the blended background looks, wasn't going for a proper
coloured background just bright and happy.

The fairy looks so pretty and there is sparkle on her wings want
and little flowers on her dress it doesn't show up in the photo.

Tonight to go with the card is her first set of Alcohol Markers 48 + another set of 24 with all the skin tones and a book to practice in.  Now she can join me with the colouring sessions and hopefully will get lots of use out of these markers. Found them online and they ended up around 50 cents each. Not refillable but what a great way for her to learn and see if this is her style.

Great to be back and I hope you will all stick around for more posts to follow. Thank you to everyone who continues to follow my blog and Instagram account. You have all been wonderful this past year and your love and kind words has been appreciated.

Crafty love

Aileen


3 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Oh this is perfect Aileen, she is going to adore it! ps Welcome 'back' hon x

Monica C. said...

Welcome back Aileen! I love both your fairy cards. The pops of color are so beautiful.
Hugs Monica

frommycraftroom said...

Just beautiful! Love it. I'm sure your sweet tooth crafty granddaughter will too.
Glad to see you back blogging :)