Translate

Friday 2 June 2017

Have A Fabulous Day

 I have two cards for you, both watercoloured with the same colours and
using the same stamps just I added to the second card with an additional
stamp. Once they were finished I couldn't decide which I liked best.

The second card was really my first card but after embossing and adding
the second layer of embossing I wasn't so happy with the idea.

I then made this card with no extra added.
These stunning stamps are from 'The Ton' called 'Marvelous Perfumes'
I have only used three bottles here as we all like that odd number
look. I also used the Rose Gold embossing powder from The Ton.
I have used my Zigs and Multimedia paper (I need to find a whiter
watercolour paper). Starting with deep pink and a bit of black to 
darken the first colour then pink, deep yellow to yellow. I loved playing with
 this mix.

This is the Challenge photo that inspired my ideas.
Those bottle are just so beautiful. The gold, the coloured glass
graduating along the bottles. So many wonderful ideas. Such 
beautiful inspiration.




I finished the card off with a gold embossed sentiment from the same
stamp set heat embossed on vellum and a few glass gems.

This was the original card and idea that I nearly tossed after adding the
lace embossing in gold as I felt it should have all been done in the same gold.
But I decided to watercolour and iron out my mistakes on this as a throw away.

The lace is a strip from a Penny Black stamp set called 'Lace Trims'
and it took a bit of fiddling around to place it within the bottles but I got there
finally. Did my watercolouring with my Zigs.



Gold embossed the sentiment on a strip of vellum. I was worried it was too small
to come out clearly but it has so Im happy with that.




Once I had finished watercolouring I changed my mind and decided I liked
the card again. So I just did both, then couldn't make up my mind so decided to share both.
Finished this one off with a few glass gems as well.


Challenges:


Donna Mikasa is such a wonderful inspiration.
Perfume is like a New Dress Card



After making all this shimmer and sparkle
I couldn't resist entering the Less is More
Challenge before it closes. 
Have a Fabulous Day Card



Have A Fabulous Day Card




Perfume is like a new dress card



Perfume is like a new dress card




Optional  Twist Create a Container
went without the twist.
Have a Fabulous Day card


Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you come again soon.









34 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Both cards are beautiful...love the different designs and take on the inspiration! Thank you for playing!

Nancy Penir said...

Aileen your cards are gorgeous!!! the lace one is my fav. What a charming set, made into a stunner with your amazing watercoloring. Happy Little Stampers is another challenge you should enter. Perfect for this card!
.http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/06/hls-june-watercolour-challenge.html

lostinpaper said...

These bottles are pure elegance Aileen, such great combinations of the design too!

Heidi Weaver said...

What lovely cards, Aileen. The rose gold embossing really makes these images outstanding. Love the brilliant colours you've used for your watercolouring. Both are very elegant cards but I have to admit that I love the second one just a little more. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week.

Esther said...

These are both completely stunning. Your use of the inspiration photo colours has worked brilliantly in real life, and I actually love the lace embossing on the second card which looks so luxurious and sophisticated. They're both total knockouts though, and very, very classy. Fabulous cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Rahmat said...

OOh those perfume bottles looks gorgeous with all that god shimmer.

Karren said...

Beautiful cards, Aileen, and perfect for the IBATLT photo. I love the extra embossing on the square bottle - looks like it's created that way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The colors are just spectacular!! The gold embossing really looks awesome paired with those colors! Wonderful cards, Aileen!
xx Ashwini

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen :-) the bottles and gold embossing are fabulous, I am sure it took some fiddling about to get the lace in the right place! but well worth the effort they look stunning! Love the Estee Lauder quote too ;-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! J'adore ! These cards are totally stunning, Aileen ! What a gorgeous take on the inspirational picture ! This combo of colours is so beautiful and the gold embossing just highlights it perfectly ! Love both of them ! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties and for playing along with us at Less is More !

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Fiona said...

Stunning card with such vibrant colouring - I would love these bottles to be on my dressing table. Thanks for joining in with us at Watercooler Wednesday Anything Goes this week

KimCreate said...

oh so pretty! thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things!

Cara said...

Yep, I love them both and so much work in them. Love how you blended those colours together, just stunning x

Marsha Reed said...

Nice cards, Aileen! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous perfume bottles...your coloring is just stunning paired with the gold!

I Card Everyone said...

Your cards could NOT be any more perfect for that Inspired by challenge!!! I'm calling WWCD, Aileen! Gorgeous!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

The ombre perfume bottles are so beautifully watercoloured Aileen! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Inspired by All the Little Things!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This cards are stunning, you totally achieved the colors of the "All the Little Things" inspiration picture, the gold embellishment on this perfume bottles is just the most gorgeous detail.
Beautiful water coloring, my friend.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle, good luck!!! Amy DT

donna mikasa said...

I love the gold embossing on the bottles--a perfect take on the inspiration photo!

Jean said...

Great set of cards, loving the details on the bottles.
Thanks for joining us at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
Jean xx

Viv said...

Love both of these Aileen, great colouring as always and love the added lace idea too ;) hugs Viv xx

Viv said...

Stunning colours on both cards Aileen. Great details and the Estee Lauder sentiment is perfect! Sorry just a quick visit - home for just 48 hours! xx

Ruth said...

I think they are both very classy indeed, although I understand about the different embossing powder - just think you're a bit hard on yourself. The colours are AMAZING - I don't know how you get such nice colours with your Zigs. They are lovely and rich and vibrant. Xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards Aileen, and how perfect are they for the challenge with that gorgeous pic of bottles! I love both versions, that embossing is so delicate looking, Cathy x

BożenA said...

Amazing work with photo inspiration. I love your card. Wonderful coloring ombre and a wealth of gold. WOW !! Great card
Hugs,
BożenA

Mac Mable said...

Stunning, amazing colours and love the pop of gold x Congratulations on the shout out x

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous and I can't decide which I like best either... they are both lovely. I also like the embossing, makes it look so elegant.

Inkyfingers said...

What elegant bottles and I love how you coloured them!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks for joining us at the WWC#121 Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week with your beautiful cards. These are both beautifully coloured and detailed. Great take on the inspiration photo for both.

Judy Markowitz said...

Both cards are beautiful, each in their own way! I love the ombre effect, and really, when doing watercolor or any type of mixed media, paper really can make a huge difference! I love your work! Thank you for playing along with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

Linby said...

The bottles look amazing in this colourway and I love the embossing too.

Bobby said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous bottles, Aileen. Gorgeous enough to be a winner at IBATLT. Congrats!