Translate

Saturday 20 March 2021

Celebrate Floral & A Happy Birthday

 


The same image I posted a few days ago but this time its on watercolour paper so I have coloured with my Zigs for the flower. The of course I used my Wink of Stella to thin and move colours so its a bit too sparkly but hey really can anything be tooooo sparkly.

I added white gel marker to the flower centres then decided to be really daring and coloured the background black.

Actually not quite black went with Copic marker C9. Done with a lot of care so I wouldn't end up going into the floral image. Love the end result and will try this more often but I do have to admit I do it with lots of trepidation as a) if I don't like a dark colour once started there is no choice and b) I usually have a lot of oooops moments.

Anyway it turned out ok in the end and just to remind you this drawing was done by Emily Midgett and she is currently doing a new one off release but I don't know if its too late to order if you want any.




This little sweetie is from Mo's Digital Pencil and of course you can colour her with or without the sentiments.


I went pale and soft in the colouring of this little sweetie. Check out that cute as face. I added some sparkle with a clear gel pen that contains glitter.


I decided she needed something else so I cut out a few wee little butterflies from some alcohol ink backgrounds I  have. So simple and ready to go.

Going to enter this sweetie who is new and not coloured before to Darnells Challenge







Thats it for today. My apologies  for the photos its been raining and dull for the last few days. We have had to backwash the pool a number of times and the backyard looks more like a giant pool than grass and pool. 

Jake (Elysha's dog) doesn't like the rain or water and keeps going to the doggy door in the backroom and just sticking his head out and debating, will I or won't I. Its amazing how long he can hold on. Such a human gesture, head tilted then the mad dash, wee's then runs in and runs around like a berserker, I did it I did it, I survived weeeeeeeeeeee


Arent you glad I shared that bit of trivia with you lol 

Crafty hugs

Aileen

4 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Just WOW your floral card with the striking colours and black background is fabulous! x

lostinpaper said...

These are brilliant Aileen, loving that pink hair!

Diane said...

Wow Aileen, what stunning designs and colors.

Hugs diane

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 fabulous cards.
I LOVE the vivid blooms - just super colouring, and the dark background was well worth the effort.
Super cute and girly birthday card.
Ha ha!Jake sounds like a smart boy. My Buster charges around with the zoomies when he gets wet too.
xxx