Translate

Saturday 26 November 2016

Merry & Bright Pink Christmas Tag


There's lots of die cuts on this card. My tag consists of a white layer of cardstock and an acetate layer cut from the stitched tag die. Then I have cut the Merry & Bright die out of pink mirror cardstock. I found a square die that is nearly a perfect fit for the Merry & Bright word box so I used that to cut out the centre of the white tag.



I added the acetate layer behind the white layer originally as I was planning to make a shaker tag but was looking at the white sparkle card stock I had and it looked absolutely fantastic behind the tag so I added that instead. So in this instance the acetate is purely cosmetic and just too fiddly to remove.

I then cut a tag circle out of the pink mirror cardstock for the top of the tag and attached at the top of the tag. I have some fine silver threads and grabbed about 4 or 5 pieces that I twisted together fed through, looped then just played down the tag. I decided to add this soft pink vellum to the front of the card and there was only enough fro the front of the card. So I secured where it would be hidden by the placement of the tag. After attaching the tag I decided it needed something else and added the silver die cut snowflake.

Enough die cuts????


Perfect for the Simon Says Challenge I think













Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.





13 comments:

BożenA said...

Oh, Alieen. Wonderful tag. Very delicate and I love its pink color. Everything is so nicely together composed, that is breathtaking. For me, the tag is a tough subject, I would not advise doing well in this topic, but you are in this great.
BożenA xx

Greta said...

Oh so beautiful & festive, Aileen!

Kim Heggins said...

oh my....love your fabulous die! So bright and shiny and just stunning.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful combination of dies Aileen and it's funny how a card grows isn't it and the design changes sometimes as it comes together.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty tag with all the shine and sparkle of Christmas. Love that delicate snowflake!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Lynne in NI said...

I love the simplicity of this card, that's a fab die you have!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Aileen, and the acetate adds a fun dimension.

Gerrina said...

This metal-look looks great! Verru festive! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

cm said...

Your tag/card is gorgeous; Merry & Bright in the most stunning ways!
Hugs~c

Peggy T. said...

Your tag is very pretty. It will look lovely on any package. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Peggy T.
DT Member

lostinpaper said...

The acetate layer takes it to a whole other level Aileen!

Nandini said...

Love this! Very pretty and elegant. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. All the very best. Nandini DT

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I adore your shimmery metal die cut and your giant banner. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.