Translate

Tuesday 15 May 2018

The Flower Challenge #20 REMINDER


We are more than half way through the Challenge and here to remind you
about The Flower Challenge using Acetate/Vellum and show you some more ideas.

I want to also take a moment to remind everyone to please check out the updated rules on the reminder post at The Flower Challenge.  Take the time to read them and understand that though they may look like lots, its really only trying to be clear on what is needed for an enjoyable Challenge. Very much appreciated.

 Right now lets get to my card. Yes I have gone vellum again, I so love the look of flowers painted in on vellum. This time my vellum has a pale pink shimmer to it. I have white embossed my pattern.

It has embossed beautifully, always remembering to use that anti static pillow to avoid white speckles (or too many of them anyway). Another new to me stamp from The Ton "Riotous  Wildflower" 
Isn't it just stunning.

Not sure if you can see the slight shimmer to the pink vellum but you can see the pale colour here.


I have again used Zigs only, no water each time using pink, red and orange in strong colour very fine line and pulled out colour with the palest I had in each colour. I wiped the pale  brush off every now and then on my cloth if I felt the colour was staying too strong. I did the same with my leaves.

I attached the panel with a slight fold over so I could add tape at the back then put little bits of tape behind different flowers to hold secure. All finished off with this beautiful 'celebrate' from MFT and I do love cutting these words out of mirror cardstock.
A perfect card to Celebrate 'Mothers Day' a birthday, a Marriage or just life itself.


Now off you go and check out the amazing cards the rest of the Design Team has designed to get you motivated. Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


Challenges:














20 comments:

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card and I love the colors. So pretty!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

My goodness, this is GORGEOUS. Beautiful work!

lostinpaper said...

Just let me pick up my jaw!

I Card Everyone said...

Aileen, this is even MORE gorgeous on the 'big screen!' I'd love to get my hands on that wonderful pink vellum!
=]

brenda said...

A beautiful floral creation for our 'In the Pink' theme at Allsorts challenge Aileen, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous flowers and a really lovely set of colours, super creation. Thank you for joining our 'In the Pink' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful creation with all the pretty flowers, thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts In the Pink challenge!

Darnell said...

Goodness, Aileen, you have done a splended job of embossing and coloring these stunning flowers on vellum! I'm pinning! I would buy this paper in the store!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Stunning card, Aileen. The stamp is gorgeous and you have coloured it beautifully.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So gorgeous! I love the way you color your flowers!

Ruth said...

My word this is absolutely gorgeous! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the colouring on this. I think you may have excelled yourself yet!! xxx

TaeEun said...

Beautiful Zig coloring on that pretty pink vellum, Aileen! It's gorgeous!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! Aileen,what a gorgeous card, the flowers are beautiful but you made them stunning with your amazing coloring.
I need to get me the Zig Markers!!!!!
Hugs.

Diane said...

What a stunning design Aileen.

Hugs Diane

Marlies said...

A beautiful card in lovely colours. A lovely effect with the white lined flowers and fab colouring! Marlies

Bobby said...

Spectacular, Aileen. I take it you color on the front of the vellum. Less water means less warping but I've taken to using them like you do with no water lots of the time. My results aren't as great as yours but I keep practicing.

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aileen, fabulous coloring on the vellum...

Greta said...

Wow--this is just stunning!

Cris G. said...

Oh, wow! I didn't know that vellum would look so good when colored, especially with a semi wet coloring medium. Fabulous result, Aileen!

Viv said...

Sorry so late commenting this time! such a fabulous explosion of colour here Aileen and I love those bright blooms too. Awesome colouring as always too ;) hugs Viv xx