Translate

Friday 17 February 2017

Birthday Wishes and Feel Better

I'm away so I don't have anything in particular to post for a Challenge
but I do have these two cards I made last week.

This little sweetie speaks for itself. A wonderful image from,
yes you guessed it, Mo's Digital Pencil. She is on such a high these
days putting out the most amazing digital images nearly daily.
And of course every time I see one I'm sure I cant live without it.
Me, of a million stamps on mount NBUS is now getting a digital
mount NBUS as well.

Doesn't she make you feel like you need to give her a cuddle. Not needed
for anyone here at the moment, being the middle of summer and such a heat
wave no one has a flu but it will come in handy later.




So easy to colour with Copics and the sentiment can be used with or
not. I decided to add some joy and went rainbow colours for the sentiment.
A couple of enamel dots and finished.

This card is hard to show at its best in the light that was
available when I took the photo. It's a card for son number
2 (So much easier to remember numbers than names as
the family gets bigger with children, partners and their children lol)

Anyhoo, its for his birthday which was last week. Lives on the coast
within minutes of the beach and loves to surf. These surf boards I bought
years and years ago, I think they are actually petals for a flower stamp
but you just couldn't get surf board stamps (I now have plenty) and when
I saw this stamp set, I decided it was perfect. Soooo I have white
embossed on cardstock then blended Tumbled Blue Distress Ink towards the
centre and Pistachio Green from the other end then blended them together.


 
I then used my Stamplorations 'birthday' die and cut out
of the card and another 4 layers in white. Once I had it glued back
in place and added 'wishes' sentiment.
AND then I couldn't leave well enough alone. The birthday just
didnt stand out at all, you could barely see it, so yes I thought just go over
with the blending tool and a bit more blue, oops splot, bits of spots of dark
colour on the card base, looked totally ruined so more blending to fix it.
Then rubbing off excess on white embossing with cloth, rub a bit on card
upper left and oooops nearly rubbed through.  Just one of those times.
Well it didnt matter, he thought it was great, especially with the money inside lol.
Gotta love them, those that appreciate the work that goes into these
masterpieces. Me, I was so disappointed with what started out just brilliant so
I made another but still have to cut out the 'Birthday' and remember to darken before 
I put it back into the negative.


Lets see if theres any challenges for these little masterpieces :)


Birthday card with surfboards




Birthday Card with Surfboards




Birthday card With Surfboards. So nice to be playing
along with the Topping.




No badge for this that I can see.
Feel Better card.



Feel Better Card 
(Hope I haven't entered too many times, better check mmm)




Feel Better Card
My Favourite Tool would have to be COPICS





Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.
















:





13 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, you are right, you just want to reach out and give this sweetie a hug and not let go, what an adorable image, stuffy nose and everything. I don't believe I've ever felt this sick, thank goodness but I think I will tell you right away the next time I get the sniffles or something like that just to see if you could send me this card, LOL!! I just love it.
Fabulous masculine card with the surfboards, I really like how you did the inlaid sentiment, looks fabulous.
Big hugs,
Maria.
PS. Hmm..I think I'm kind of feeling sick right about now. ;)

Lynne in NI said...

Aww your little sick girl is such a cutie!
And fab job with your son's card, those surf boards are so cool! Sorry it gave you such hassle - I would never have guessed as the finished result looks great!

Greta said...

Neat cards, Aileen! Really love the second card--beautiful blending!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fantastic duo of cards! I loved each one for different reasons and it shows your versatility as an artist because they were each totally unique and in completely different styles! I was so impressed with your coloring skills and I think you're wise to make a "get well soon" type of card to have on hand for whenever you need it. And the embossing on the second card is fabulous! I love the color palette you used. You've done a great job on these and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Wendy L said...

Fab idea and design for your card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxxx

lostinpaper said...

hahaha, her red nose certainly made me smile, your colouring is wonderful Aileen!

Sarn said...

Another two superb cards. Beautifully coloured.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Loopylou. said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww I love your Mo make for our challenge, I just want to hug her little stuffed nose and the feel better looks so cute all multi coloured.
Thank you so much for popping in to play with us over on DP2
hugs Lou xx

BożenA said...

As always awesome card! I love obazy Mo's. very sweet cards. The second card is my beloved blues, there is no option that I did not like. TFS with us Crafty With An Attitude.
Hugs,
BożenA DT CWAA

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Oh my. This image is so cute, isn't it? :) love the way you made it so colorful! Thank you so much for playing with us at DP2 :)
Olesya, DT
xx

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Oh my. This image is so cute, isn't it? :) love the way you made it so colorful! Thank you so much for playing with us at DP2 :)
Olesya, DT
xx

Judith said...

This is a fab male card - love the colours and great design - thank you for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x

shirley-bee said...

I love the way you turned petals into surfboards, Aileen! And if you hadn't pointed out your 'errors' none of us would have been any the wiser! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday :)