Translate

Monday 31 July 2017

Three More Cards using the Exploding Blocks Die


I'm back with some more cards using this fabulous coverplate from Neat and Tangled. The die is currently sold out but you can let them know you are waiting to hear when it comes back in and I am sure it won't take long.
I have another three cards today and thats not all of them but I will have to take a break after these as I have other cards that need to be posted. Also if you go to the Neat and Tangled blog you will see cards that are the same or very similar to mine as that is where I went for my inspiration in the first place. Whenever I purchase a stamp set or die I go to the place it is from and google image search and type in the name of the set i.e. 'exploding blocks + card' to get ideas to get started. 

My glitter card idea was from seeing a different card on google and thinking this die would suit the idea tried and liked. It was fast and easy as I used a double sided piece of tape on the card front, attached the die cut, covered what I didnt want glitter to go on and added glitter and pressed on with my finger. Really easy though Jake and I were rather glittery for a day or two after.

The Copics version I saw on Neat and Tangled but my version needs a lot of thought: 
You don't use the whole die cut piece, you cut down so you use two panels then
a)you need to remember to centre the dark colouring so it is in the right place when die cut and 
b) a better way to add the pieces back into place than glue as it is messy
c) and very, very time consuming finding all those itty bitty pieces
that actually look smaller than the frame itself.

These next cards are easier versions

This card was inspired by the card on Neat and Tangled and the Muse card for this week.

This card was done using mostly pages from a very old pad of card stock I had forgotten I had bought, if you see it around honestly grab it. IT is PERFECT for die cuts especially the plates perfect size 4.5" x 6.5" this pad is Brights and includes black and white ADHESIVE MAT STACK. It cut perfectly first time. I did have to sit there and use my poker thingy to push the pieces all free but how brilliant, so easy to take the backing off and attach to the card.


White card base, black frame exploding blocks cutout and attached.
Also had a white version cut out and used parts so it looked like a black card
with a white mat then black and coloured blocks.

In the close up you can see some parts where I haven't stuck with doing just the ends
with colours and have filled a side hearer there and thats because I had a case of black
pieces that just disappeared or jumped off the table and I was tired of looking for them
and decided it really didnt matter that much.

I have so much left I will cut out some more black and white sections and make some more, perfect male cards too. Finished off with a MFT 'Celebrate' die cut.

These next two couldn't be any easier..
Watercoloured panel pink,  orange and yellow Distress inks blended 

until I was happy.
White version of Exploding Blocks attached with little glue dots, perfect love it.
Finished off with a die cut ' Just because'

Last one and my absolute favourite.

Panel made with Distress Oxides, smooching, drops of water, drying
more smooching, love love the colours.

Attached the Exploding Blocks die cut. I don't know why but it makes me think of outer space
if it was light out there.
Loved the look of the panel too much to cover it up and wanted to add a 'Happy Birthday'
Diecut so I did what anyone would do in this instance I added it to the inside of the card.
Come with me to check out this new universe.
Cant wait to show you the next lot of Exploding Blocks.


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




Challenges



I saw Marcie's card and was inspired but also struggled as its really a very different style.
As always I like to wait for inspiration to hit and as I was playing with my latest die coverplate Exploding Blocks I felt I had found what I was looking for. I had at first tried stamping but It was bring in the black that I was struggling with, then I thought black cardstock then the rest just fell into place.
Black frame, Bright colours exploding and bold sentiment. If I have stayed too much with Neat and Tangled inspiration let me know and I will remove my card.


Happy Birthday Card




Just because




Not often I get to do the topping but definitely
this time with my 'Happy birthday' card - third
card down splatters for sure.




Happy Birthday card done with Distress Oxides
I am so enjoying playing with these unbelievable inks.




Just Because card




I am entering 'Just Because' Card

This is a brand new Challenge people , so why not check it out.


















19 comments:

Michelle W said...

WOW Aileen, I love all your cards! That die is awesome. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

TaeEun said...

I can see your love for that coverplate, Aileen :)!!! Your cards using it are all fabulous so far! Looking forward to seeing more of them!!! I love the third one too! Beautiful oxide background!

Shylaashree said...

amazing aileen. Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations

Cara said...

I thought you claimed to be struggling with ideas for this die!! What a wonderful set of cards, they all look stunning x

Anita in France said...

Cool, stylish, graphic ... and each one brilliant, Aileen ... your love for that fantastic cover plate shines through every card! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! You are rocking out this die! I LOVE the first one. Too much work for me, but you did an outstanding job with those tiny pieces :)

Marilyn said...

Love the cards you've created with the Exploding Blocks die. A fantastic rendition of the Muse card, Aileen.

EK Gorman said...

Oh what a very fun way to play with the muse inspiration card!! Love this!!!

Bobby said...

Oh My, Aileen, you have gone overboard with this die - in a good way. Each one gives such a different look although you've used the same die. I must say I love that smooshed one. They way you did the colors really does look like an explosion.

Glenda J said...

All of these are so fantastic. You did a great job showing the versatility of the die with these beautiful, colourful cards. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

lostinpaper said...

Oh my gosh you are seriously having some major fun with this die, thanks for the inspiration all with one die!!

Claire said...

I had to do a double take on your cards - I really thought you'd used a stamp for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge lol. What a fabulous die...looks like you're getting your money's worth out of it. Your cards are gorgeous!

Ardyth said...

You've given this die a work out, with amazing results! Love them all! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Aileen (sorry for visiting so late!)

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh what a fun die adn I can see you having such a wonderful time using it!! So much inspiration and different ways to use it too!! Thanks so much for all of your brilliant inspiration! Sorry I'm just now trying to catch up with my blog buddies!! HUGS :)

Peanut said...

WOW! These cards are amazing! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Your cards with that cover die are sooooooo tempting me! I wanted that die from the moment I saw it - was sold out at first....and then I forgot about ti until now....stop tempting me!!! You are one enabler....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, love the beautiful bold colours! Thank you for joining us at Day Dreamer Challenges for our first challenge.

Nicola DT

Day Dreamer Challenges
Making Memories Crafting

Marcia said...

Such fun and colorful card!! Love the exploding die set. Always looking for masculine cards and these really fit the bill. Thanks for playing along over at Casual Fridays Dies Only Challenge.

Kim Hamilton said...

Beautiful projects! Love that die! Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Friday's challenge :)