Translate

Friday 14 July 2017

My Friend

Ohhhh I am in heaven, in heaven, these pencils (I forgot to mention they are PRISMACOLOR) are so beautiful to play with. Look at how vibrant they are on on Kraft card stock. Don't look at my stamping mistakes (I ran out of Kraft card stock and now I have to wait for more to be delivered. I do have more things stamped but I was unable to rest amp this so we are going to look at the beauty not the balance OK!!)

More stamps coming out of NBUS pile or I should say have been stamped and coloured and fussy cut and then put aside, wellllll then I saw  how Kelly coloured them with the Chameleon pencils, I fell in love with the look. I don't have their pencils but I sure have a million and one pencils these days.
I just picked random colours and went rainbow for the front and yellow/orange for the back ones.
I may end up going over the black lines again though it is only really obvious here in this close up.

There is no need to adjust the photo at all, the colours are this vibrant on the kraft. I have always seen other peoples colouring on kraft and wondered if they put down white first...... no they don't the colour just goes down perfectly and each is soft and blends into the other. I didnt use any baby oil at all just pencil to pencil.

I cant wait to use this stamp more, its perfect and also more pencil, my copics are getting jealous now they will have to share custody of me. Goodness when I go away now I will need to double pack and of course now the next quest - what is the best paper to colour in on that is also white enough for the front of the cards.


Challenges:






its a Collaboration  between Less is More and
AAA Cards so the next challenge










thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you com again soon




26 comments:

Loll said...

The colours of your beautiful rainbow flower are BEAUTIFUL! Love the vibrant and bold shades. Amazing work with pencils, Aileen!

StirYourCreativity said...

The flower looks splendid and the coloring is awesome.

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a pretty bloom and you've colored it beautifully, Aileen! I love the vibrant colors and how they pop on your Kraft background...so striking!

Jane said...

Those colours sure are beautiful and so vibrant. Gorgeous stamp too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Flo Langley said...

Another stunner Aileen. I am pleased you mentioned about the white. That was my initial thought. Lovely vibrant colours. Who would have though it.
Have a great weekend.
Flo x

Sue said...

Wow, gorgeous card and beautiful colouring, Aileen! Your card is so eye-catching. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. So sorry to hear about your mum xx

Cathy said...

This is stunning Aileen, beautifully coloured but I have to ask what pencils you used, Prismacolours? Cathy x

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and so vibrant and yes was wondering which pencils you used too? x

lostinpaper said...

How exciting, love the vibrancy of the pencils on kraft and your card is beautifully CAS Aileen!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! The colors of the pencils really ARE just as stunning and brightly bold for sure!! I can see why you love them! Not sure what pencils you are refering to though, is it the Chameleon pencils? Not heard of them...do tell more! :)

Trina P. said...

Absolutely beautiful, Aileen. Love the bright rainbow colours and that your sentiment is the stem. You did a fantastic job colouring. Perfectly CAS. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Less is More in collaboration with AAA Cards.

Susan said...

Stunning...love how the bright colors show up nice on the kraft card stock. Just perfect. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love your sweet flower and your coloring is fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of these pencils wow!

Cara said...

Wow, this is stunning. So vibrant. You've nailed this pencil colouring malarkey! Have a great weekend x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Aileen, I'm so glad you gave this challenge a try, your card is gorgeous. If you permit me a bit of advice.....when I color with pencils, most time I go over the lines of the image too so, I just leave my stamp on the MISTI, color my image and then, place it again on the MISTI, ink up my image again and stamp it over the colored one, it works perfectly every time, I did that with my Zinnia card.
I need to use my pencils more too, they blend beautifully on Kraft paper, I think they blend better than on any other color of card stock.
Beautiful card, my friend.
Hugs,
Maria.

Tracy said...

Beautiful pencil work! The colors are so wonderfully vibrant. A very happy card for sure. hugs!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a delicious rainbow delight Aileen. Those colours are simply awesome against the kraft cardbase. Ooozing CAS and class with your stunning colouring and clever sentiment stem. Love it and thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More and AAA Cards this week

Terri Winske said...

Beautiful one layer card, and your coloring is gorgeous! So happy you shared this with us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Ã…saJ said...

Wow, Such a beautiful card! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ã…sa

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful rainbow colored floral. Love the sentiment as the stem. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Ooooh! Stunning and vibrant colouring on this card Aileen. What a fabulous bloom and the rainbow colour palette makes it jaw-droppingly beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us at Less is More xx

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card and congrats on being showcased!

Macimbalo said...

Your card is stunning - love everything about it! Congrats on your recognition for this gorgeous card - so well deserved!

Marge said...

OH it's amazing that this card was made by pencil coloring. So bright and pretty colors! Big congrats on your top 3!

TaeEun said...

Really beautiful pencil coloring on craft, Aileen!!! Congrats on being showcased at both challenges!!! Have a wonderful weekend!