Translate

Monday 24 July 2017

Three Cards and Trying New Techniques


I have three cards to share with you today. This first one has a background
made from Tissue paper and watercolours then embossed gold. This is a technique
Loll demonstrates on video and the links are here on her blog CAS Mix Up together with 
the challenge for this month and some of the most amazing cards I have ever seen.


I could not get enough of this technique once I started and I made so many backgrounds in all my favourite colours and only stopped because it was dinner time (well it was actually 2 hours past dinner time and Elysha was not amused) but the technique is so easy, the colour combo's never ending and I made lots and lots of small pieces. Now of course I will need to make bigger ones so I can do whole card fronts.


Once the pieces fry you attach to either card stock or acetate then add embossing powder if you want, I added gold and even when it stuck where it wasn't meant to it didnt matter it looked like it belonged there. In this instance I have die cut the piece with a postage stamp rectangular die, placed that centre of the card then added a die cut ballerina.


The card is a very soft lilac colour and looks beautiful with the colours used on the tissue paper panel. I have finished off by stamping the sentiment:

'Life isn't about
waiting for the
storm to pass,
It's about
learning to 
Dance
in the rain.'

Another technique I can thank Loll for teaching me. If you have never visited her blog 
Stamping with Loll or her challenge blog you are missing out.

Now this card is a very simple one with a watercoloured panel done with Distress Ink blended together and left to dry then the panel is die cut with a curved edge stitched rectangle die.

It looks like the panel is lifting but it has actually stuck down quite well. I have attached two butterflies. The both of them are white embossed, the bottom one on vellum, the top one on watercolour paper. I then added watercolour Zigs.


 
You can see the other butterfly better in this photo as it is stuck flat whereas the top butterfly is added so the wings are lifted.  I have added the die cut 'thanks' that is cut from gold mirror cardstock very close to the butterfly because I didnt realise until I was looking at the card for placement that the plates when I cut the watercoloured panel had damaged the front of the panel leaving deep scratches  and red from something imbedded in the panel.




My final card is my inspiration from the Muse Card 
Challenge this week
I love Kim's card with the little dome and 
the butterflies and the pattern paper.

I don't have a dome but I decided I wanted that look so I improvised with a die that does the stitched 1/2 circle cut out and instead of die cutting I pressed into the card front (another first time technique).


I then used my copics to draw a base and the grey to give the look of a glass dome. I never thought about the fact that I wanted to use copics so there was a bit of smudging but not too bad.
I went with a summery spotty paper that was more yellow at top and pink towards the bottom but doesn't show here.
Stamped the sentiment and added some watercoloured stamped and embossed butterflies.


Now for the challenges


You are my sunshine



Dance in the Rain



thanks




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





12 comments:

Ardyth said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous - love the colours and how delicate they look with the white edges. Very clever with your 'glass' dome, too! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Aileen!

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards Aileen. So glad you had fun playing with tissue paper ... I loose track of time when playing with ink too! :) Your ballerina looks beautiful with the crinkled and heat embossed background. Both your butterfly cards are so pretty. Great colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! And thanks for the lovely shout out! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love your gorgeous butterflies! Love your glass dome, so clever! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse!

nancy littrell said...

Loved all your very creative cards for our CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour challenges. Thank you so much for playing along. Hugs.

Bonnie said...

Three beautiful cards, Aileen! Love that tissue paper background! Gorgeous colors with the silhouette dancer! The background of your second card has a fabulous flat wash background and I LOVE the colors of the butterfly! Your little butterflies flitting around the dome are so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! You are on a creative roll, my friend! I love how you played with the tissue paper technique...your card is gorgeous! Especially with your silhouette of the ballerina...LOVE this card! I also love your butterfly cards! Great job with all of these challenges, Aileen!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen. Your card for Muse has beautifully colored butterflies. Very clever creating your dome. The hombre colored DP is the perfect addition. I agree with you that the tissue paper technique is fun with endless possibilities.

Christine Alexander said...

all the cards are gorgeous some great crafting going on. Spectaculare butterly cards and especially like the watercolour background. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

lostinpaper said...

All of these are so wonderful, I must add the tissue paper technique to my 'try' list (which is massive by the way lol). thanks for the inspiration!

Cara said...

Wow, three fabulous cards. I have to confess that I don't like watching video tutorials, I get frustrated that they're going too slowly! Much prefer a photographic step by step that I can whizz through, unless it's something like tying a knot! Might have to force myself to watch this one though!

BożenA said...

What an amazing background! The sky is very early in the morning :-) It's the perfect time to dance :-) You have beautiful new dies :-))
I see that the layout of your blog has changed. Now just sweeps !!! Great !! And I guess I recognize the hand of our common friend :-) But I envy

Lynne in NI said...

Three gorgeous cards! I especially love the effect of your tissue colouring, I'm gonna give that a go :)