Translate

Saturday 19 August 2017

Two Quick Summer Cards

 This first card is ideal for a few challenges that are on at the moment and
was super simple to make once I had finished playing with my watercolours
and sea salts. Lucky I thought ahead for once cause I sure made a mess in the box
I used for my work area. Instead of just plain watercolour paper I used 
watercolour canvas.
which meant it took a it longer to dry. I used spray paints, Dylusions I think they are
called and of cause all bright colours. I wet the canvas first then did small controlled 
sprays so I had a rainbow of colours and I had the piece of cardstock standing against
the wall of the box so the colours ran down. Used some paper towel to sop up when colours
went in the wrong direct or got more brown than colour wanted. Then I laid the piece
down and sprinkled the sea salt.


I don't think I waited long enough, I did get some fantastic effect but I was
hovering and flicking before I should have I think.


I die cut my surf boards and ended up with boards in all colours
of the rainbow but controlled myself and only added two here. I stamped my palms
with Distress Oxide then sprayed with water and stamped on the cardstock.
Love the look. Placed my surfboards and stamped my sentiment. Perfect for Summer,
Birthday, Just to Say Hello, Male Card. I'm happy with the end result and cant wait to use
the rest of the boards.

Super easy card number two, white emboss sentiment on watercolour cardstock. Colour gently with Inktense pencils in a mix of blues and greens. Get a paint brush and wet then blend colours together.

So easy to do and such vibrant colours. I so often forget these pencils make such wonderful
backgrounds.




Challenges:

The Purpose of Life Card





The purpose of life card




The purpose of life card





Dream, Imagine, Discover Card





Dream Imagine Discover Card



Dream, Imagine, Discover Card



Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.










15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Perfectly created surfboards Aileen, I know quite a few people who would love to have surf boards that look as cool as these in their collection!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful cards...love those surfboards.

Bonnie said...

I love your surfboards, Aileen! Beautiful, bright colors and I love the textured look the salt gives them! Great palm trees too! I haven't tried stamping with Oxide inks yet. I see I really need to give that a try! Love your second card too! A beautiful blended watercolor background and wonderful sentiments! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

love those hot surfboards and your beach scene, so cool in such bright colours. Also thanks for reminding me about my inktense pencils and the beautiful shading :) Thanks for joining us at CAS WAtercolour.

Tracie Pond said...

Enjoying life is a plus, that is for sure. Your beautiful, cheerful colors are so happy. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Jane said...

Ooo super vibrant and summery surf board colours. And that sentiment quote is just so right! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, love the vibrancy of them both. Hope you have a fab week x

ÅsaJ said...

Beautiful card! Love that quote! So true! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Ela said...

Hi Aileen,

I love both of these cards, but the 2nd one even more. The watercolour gradient is sooo beatiful!

Hugs
Ela

Loll said...

Great effect with the salt over your bright, watercoloured pieces, Aileen. Such fun design with the surfboards and palm trees. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Aileen, both cards are beautiful! Love the effect you created with the salt for the first card. I should try this technique for sure. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Tracy Freeman said...

Both really lovely cards, gorgeous colours and affects and love the sentiment.
Many thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Karen Dunbrook said...

Such fun, summertime card mf...well done....the second one has such lovely colour blends too...
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
xxKaren

Ros Crawford said...

Who would have thought to make surf boards with your salt watercolour? Brilliant! Love your cards! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Watercolours challenge!

Bobby said...

I never thought of using my Inktense pencils for a background but I sure will now, Aileen. Your result is fabulous. I love the groovy surfboards too.