Translate

Monday 5 February 2018

The Flower Challenge #17 Paper Piecing


Its time for a new challenge over at The Flower Challenge Blog and its all about paper
piecing. If your not sure what piecing is its where you stamp onto a patterned or coloured piece of paper and cut that out and add to the image of your original image stamped onto another background. 

So its not colouring the image in but you could use a piece of paper that you have done watercolour or colouring on, stamp onto it, cut it out and put it onto the original stamped image.

Hopefully I haven't confused you. You can see clearly what I have done here with my card but don't forget the Design Team will all have done their own interpretation of 'paper piecing' so make sure to go to The Flower Blog and then see what they have done. You can then follow their links and see their cards in more detail. 

I have seen their cards and they are amazing and full of inspiration and so many ideas and if you have never tried this before there is always a first time!!!

The stamp I have used here I have had since I first started stamping. Its a Hero Art Background size stamp and I love it. I'm not sure it's still available as it didn't come up on an image search for Hero Art background stamps and I couldn't find in the shop but I do find the shop hard to navigate.



Of course with so many stamps we end up putting stamps aside and forgetting to use them so I'm grateful for the chance to use it again. I have used this stamp in so many ways over the years, stamping in black and copic colouring; stamping in black and watercolouring the flowers; stamping and blending. Paper piecing with pattern papers and with copic coloured layers. And now of course I am looking and thinking mmmm Distress Oxides and Copics......


This stamp is background of print with these flowers on top to be coloured. I stamped on white cardstock. Added the pattern paper layers some having been stamped in black and some white embossed. All fussy cut before the days of my Scan 'N' Cut. I added with Dimensional Foam to give a bit of lift to the card and then decided to add Glossy Accents. I only added to the flowers.




Once the Glossy Accents was dry I added the panel to the Pink shimmer card front then attached the  NBUS 'hello sunshine' diecut from Stamploration. As you can see theres a number of different colours going on here so that gives you an idea of how many sheets of paper I have stamped up.



 I like to do some green papers for leaves and don't worry about inking up the flowers and same for the flowers. Its a great way to use up papers you may not use otherwise too. I enjoyed the cutting out in front of the TV quite some time ago and actually the flowers and leaves could be used with hand drawn stems for little separate cards as well.  Ahhh my obsessions and the 20 of each flower may get used after all lol.

Okay enough about my card, its time to go to The Flower Blog and see the beautiful cards the others have done and see the less obsessive versions. Enjoy and I do hope you will join us this month, we love to see your creative ideas.

Thank you so much for coming to visit .



9 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card, love your oldie stamp :)

lostinpaper said...

Oh, and glossy accents too, I adore it Aileen!

BożenA said...

Hello Aileen,
WOW! Amazing design, I love printed background. The flowers on it look so surprising. Very nice flower design.
Your link to The Flower Challenge has an error. It does not refer to the blog page.
I hope that this is a good time with you.
Hugs,
BozenA

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...this is such a great looking stamp and perfect to use for this technique.
xx Karen

Bobby said...

I love those doodle-y flowers, Aileen. I have a whole different way of paper piecing that we did back in the olden days. Either way works and I do like how you've done yours.

Cara said...

I love your text background, it shows off those beautiful flowers perfectly x

Viv said...

Love how you made your beautiful flowers Aileen and the text background sets them off so well too ;) hugs Viv xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aileen, I love the print paper background for your beautiful flowers, all the designs on them are awesome. The glossy accent you added really make this flowers pop.
Hugs.

Susan said...

I have this stamp and I don't think I've ever used it! Your card is awesome...and now I'm inspired to pull my stamp out and give it a go!