Translate

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Because I Love You ........Sometimes I look at you and........




A card for a challenge that may have already closed but then I will just have to wait and see. It came together out of lots of bits and pieces. I am hoping I came make the Wednesday Simon Says Challenge because it is certainly made from lots of layers. So lets see what I have here.
I started with a Papertrey die cut Frame cut from gold mirror card. Then I have added some diecut
leaves in vellum both the solid and outline leaves setting them up so that some are above the frame and some under.

I have stamped and white embossed the little flowers from the Ellen Hutson Hydrangea flower stamp and then watercoloured with blues and mauves and added a bit of Wink of Stella for sparkle. I have die cut some leaves from some watercoloured papers as well to add some green.


These have been layered up along the side. To finish it off I added the 'because' diecut also in gold mirror card a new NBUS together with a sentiment from the stamp set that came with the die. I stamped with gold ink onto a piece of cardstock that matches in with the flowers. A wee little sparkle heart finishes it off. 

This next card is very very CAS compared to the last. I wonderful stamp that I bought ages ago and I cant believe I haven't used till now. So it's NBUS but perfect for today as today is mum and dad's wedding anniversary, 65 years. In real life dad is the short cuddly one and mum the tall willowy one.
But the love is still there.

The sentiment is new and only arrived in the mail today and it was perfect so I just had to use it. Stamped then coloured with copics. Added the die cut XOXO and the sentiment for those who cant read it:

Sometimes I look at you 
and wonder how
I got to be so
damn lucky


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.

Challenges:

because I love you



Sometimes I look at you



because I love you




because I love you




Sometimes I look at you.....
Not animal cute but certainly cute I think!!!




Sometimes I Look at you......
Coloured with Copics



Thank you
















15 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely cards & congrats to your Mum & Dad......what an achievement! x

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous cards! Love the flowers on the first one and the sweet image on the second!

Congrats to your Mum and Dad! That is wonderful!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

ElizStewart said...

Love that kind of love!!! Great card.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen, super elegant on the first one and super cute and CAS on the second. It's our one layer challenge at Less is More however and looking at your card I'm thinking you've adhered the die-cut xoxox to the card base which makes it no longer a ONE layer. Thanks for sharing with us but I'm afraid we can't include it in our showcase or prizes. So sorry! x

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful Aileen, I particularly adore that couple image, it's wonderful and so is your card it so made me smile!

Susan said...

One is so pretty and the other so fun! Thanks for sharing!

https://bharatinayudu.com/ said...

Hi Aileen! The card with the couple hugging each other is so adorable and lovely. Although the image is slightly big, you have managed to keep the card CAS. I like your coloring as well. Thank you for playing along with us this week at CASology Challenge.
Hugs
Bharati

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Love both your cards but that second one with the couple are so cute. What an adorable stamp. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

Cara said...

Two absolutely fabulous cards and the sentiment is just perfect x

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Such awesome cards! I love that the one you entered in the SIP Love themed challenge is not in the traditional red and pink traditional colors..so pretty in the blues! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Bobby said...

Your layered hydrangea blossoms are lovely with that gold frame, Aileen. Your anniversary card is so cute and beautifully colored.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh your hydrangea blooms are so pretty. And such a sweet anniversary card too, congrats to your Mum and Dad

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Aileen!! Great card and your coloring is beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with CASology this week.

Darnell said...

These two cards really show your range, Aileen! I love the sophistication and beauty of your floral card and, of course, I swooned over the sweet geezers still in love! In this house we look just like them so it's going on my growing Wish List!! Hugs, Darnell

Mariken said...

Two beautiful cards and I love your coloring.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!
Mariken DT