Translate

Thursday 22 March 2018

Beautiful Rainbow Garden


First I want you to look at the background not the stamped image. The background was done using Distress Oxide and just blending the different colours together in random mix. At the time I also sprayed lightly with water and laid gladwrap on and left overnight but you could hardly see the effect the next day.

The pieces sat in my background box for ages as it was a sort of odd colour and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. After finally remembering I had these wonderful stamps from The Ton, this one is the background  Magnificent Magnolias stamp andI cant believe I forgot I had it. But anyway this is now remedied. I stamped and white embossed. Before stamping I made sure to use the anti static pillow very well so there are no stray bits of white.

As you can see it embossed really well. NOW I was going to follow trend and do what I was seeing happening on Instagram with removing colour from the flowers by adding water and dabbing with paper towel but OF COURSE my piece had been blended too long ago. This ink was going no where. It was here to stay. 

I was rather disappointed and debated binning but after posting on Instagram and much comment on keep and just add a sentiment and use I thought more on it and decided to try what I had thought of as my second option at the time pencil.

This is my Rainbow Magnolia Garden



Its a magic garden because the magnolias all grow from one bush but they are multi coloured, some petals even double coloured. The flowers may be green and the stems pink or pink and purple.

 
I love this stamp and the wonderful fine detail of the stamped image. It stamped out perfectly every time even though I used the VersaMark ink multiple times there was no thickening of the lines and I love that. There was also no worries with bits of image not stamping whether on watercolour paper, vellum or cardstock so Im very impressed.

I loved colouring over the Distress Ink Oxides, the pencils just glided over. I used Faber-Castell Polychromos. A wee bit hard on my hands but thats because I was wanting to work in less layers.
I cut the piece with a stitched rectangle die. added some fun foam to the back then attached to a black cardbase. Finished off with a die cut silver glitter 'beautiful' and some clear enamel dots.


I absolutely love how this turned out and think I may use my other background that is done in a similar way with.......... 


ooooohhh new stamps and yes there is the rose background just waiting to be stamped up. Just image mmmmm.  But it will have to wait for now. Just wanted to share my latest which hopefully won't disappear into my NBUS pile for a year like the magnolia one did. No I don't think it was that long but it does get hard to keep up with these releases.



Thank you so much for coming to have a look and I hope you will come again soon.



Challenges:


Blending Distress Ink Oxide




















17 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, that's beautiful......the colours are just stunning x

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning. What amazing array of beautiful colours. Love the background and then the pencil work on the flowers....Amazing x

Jaana said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the colours you used.

TaeEun said...

Wow !!! I love your rainbow magnolias ! Great that you decided to color the panel with pencils!
Now looking forward to seeing another beautiful creations using oh-so-many new stamps :)!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WAY TO GO! What a fabulous end result!!

stampwithsandy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the vivid colors, and your use of colored pencils worked fabulously!

Bobby said...

Amazing, Aileen. You have given me a wonderful idea. The color you achieved with the PC pencils on DOXs is so vibrant and gorgeous. I'm pinning to remind me to try this. I don't have the background stamp but I'll find something that works. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ruth said...

I just absolutely adore what you've done with this background panel. So glad you didn't bin it and the pencil detail on top is just absolutely PERFECT! Gorgeous stuff. xx

Lin said...

Adding the pencil details really made this already pretty background really come alive, Aileen! Kudos for keeping with it! Thank you for sharing your card and process with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

MidnightInkandCats said...

Gorgeous coloring!

maria f. said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Artistic license! And what a fabulous result, Aileen.

Christi Conley said...

What a beautiful card! I LOVE it!

Leslie S. said...

Stunning!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow!!! Amazing work of Art, LOVE this rainbow card, and love so much the idea you have had to make the flowers pop! Thanks for sharing!!

Karalee said...

Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

Maggie M said...

Brilliant! Really caught my eye. Good job you didn't bin it! 😊

Daria said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing the details.