Translate

Saturday 14 April 2018

Hugs & Kisses and Birthday Wishes


I cannot stop doing these rainbow coloured backgrounds, stamping then colouring with pencils. I hope your not getting sick of looking at these types of cards because I cant promise this will be the last one because I am just enjoying doing them way tooooooo much.

Just check out the colours of my garden, it's another magical garden with flowers half one colour and half another colour. I first blended Distress Oxides, a mix of light and bright rainbow colours then flicked a bit of water here and there. Once it was dry I stamped and white embossed this wonderful 'The Ton' stamp 'Riotous Wildflowers' which I have stamped on so many mediums ready to colour & paint when I get home.


I this instance I have coloured with pencils over the Distress Oxides each time using a dark pencil colour then the white to brighten and lighten the colour. When colours meet and blend I did the same with my pencils.


I decided to do a long panel for this card so did silver glitter washi each end of the card and finished off with a MFT 'Hugs' diecut.

Another card I just love the look of. I am falling in love with this style though it is harder on my hands having the ink behind is just amazing.

My next experiment will be with a non floral card, I'm looking forward to that.


Challenges:

Without the twist.




Pencils because they work so perfectly over Distress Oxides
 and the colours look so amazing over the Distress Oxides and
I just get such a buzz out of looking at the finished image.







Distress Oxide blending then colouring with pencils



Thanks you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.














15 comments:

Viv said...

Wow this card is so amazing Aileen!your colouring always makes my jaw drop anyway but this one is fantabulous.No never sick of seeing your amazing cards!!!! ;) hugs Viv xx

Anonymous said...

so bright and beautiful aileen! i love the rainbow florals!

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning and I would never tire of your amazing creations x

JoAnn said...

Vibrant and beautiful. Love all the cheerful colors in your pretty floral card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

lostinpaper said...

Bring them on GF, these rainbow creations are incredible!

BożenA said...

This is definitely the most beautiful garden I've ever seen, Aileen! Your flowers are like a rainbow, I love them. Does this katka already have an owner ???
Hugs,
BożenA

Bobby said...

I need to try this technique, Aileen, because I love the vibrancy of the cards and will never get tired of seeing them.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Never get tired of seeing beautifully colored flowers! You are rocking these out!! Thanks for joining in at STB.

Darnell said...

No one does color like you, Aileen! How brilliant to use your colored pencils over the Oxies! These are just unbelievably glorious!! Hugs, Darnell

Ruth said...

I absolutely love the pencil colouring on top of the distress ink. It just makes the flowers stand out so much but the background is absolutely delicious too. I imagine it must be hard on your hands, but please don't stop doing this technique!! xx

Aunty Sue said...

Oh wow this is stunning just love it and thanks for sharing this lovely card at Crafty Catz don't for get we have a gdt call running this week

Ina G said...

There you go again with your beautiful colouring Aileen. Stunning once more.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous technique and I absolutely love your vibrant flowers. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Zw@@n said...

oh wow, this card is stunning. I love the bright colours. Gorgeous stamp too. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aileen, love that it is so colorful