Translate

Tuesday 24 April 2018

Happy Birthday to You


WARNING:  SUNGLASSES MAY BE NEEDED

Found this Distress Oxide panel in amongst my background panels and instantly thought of the new to me MFT 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU' Die. so I cut out all the pretty letters to use on a card but then of course decided to use the negative first. Trimmed it to size.

Added a copper sparkle sheet of paper to the base of the card then added the negative die cut to the
top. Put back all the little bits and pieces that get cut with the letters to fill it back in and of course found I had lost one piece. 

Then the dilemma - I mean its not like Im going to have another piece just the same colours to get a colour match up and did I want to colour another piece, really this was a five minute put together between getting home from seeing mum and dad and setting off again to babysit the grandchildren. A spur of the moment inspiration.

I found a piece approx 1/8" trimmed from one side and I scissor shaped it. Can you spot which one is the replacement on. Tell me which one it is and why you think it is and the first correct answer gets a prize...........


So back to this blinding beauty, I decided it needed something else and so added from my pre coloured #mftstamps  Happy Hippos which when I went to the link are out of stock at MFT but they never ever take long to restock. You can go and subscribe and they will let you know when back in stock. They are also carried by a lot of other big suppliers so check around. They have the cutest images to colour, these are just a few. (I don't get commission for adding link or talking about this is just my personal opinion.)




How's that for a perfectly coloured cake to go with this background (you would think I loved these colours!!!), the bird and balloons up the top balance everything just perfectly with my little hippo and present at the bottom. No sequins needed on this card or Wink of Stella though Sophie assured me that glitter on the front would have made it even better Nanni. 


Challenges:

Very rare for me to hit the topping twice in a challenge but
I think this card most certainly hits the spot.




Couldn't get much more sparkle on a project than this.









Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you drop by again soon.





9 comments:

Lin said...

Love the glitter popping through, Aileen! We need these colors until Mother Nature decides to warm us up! Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Sherri Thacker said...

Such a cute card with this glittery Hippo! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Barbara said...

OMGoodness! I love all of the vibrant and sparkly goodness on this card. Really cute and adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
Barbara DT member

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful Aileen, love that sweet little hippo and the big glittery sentiment!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! my friend, that little hippo is adorable, love how you did this fabulous sentiment with the bright and beautiful red glitter paper underneath.
Awesome card my dear!!!
Hugs.
Maria.

Marilyn said...

This is a brilliant background and it really reminds me a bit of the flames in afire so it goes with the birthday candles. It's totally gorgeous.

Ruth said...

I wouldn't have a clue as to what wasn't the original bit of die cut, you did such a good job. I absolutely love the burst of colour and all the sparkle on this. The hippo is just the icing on the cake for me! xx

Bobby said...

You did such a great color match that even on close inspection I can't tell which piece you added, Aileen. I do love all the bright colors and can't wait to see the card with the positive letters on it.

Kristie said...

I just love your background. The sparkly paper really adds a great celebration touch. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!