Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Have a Fairy Happy Day

Another day another fairy card but check this one out. Not one fairy but five of the tiniest sweetest little creatures you have ever seen. They are from The Greeting Farm and are currently sold out so go click on the remind link and they will let you know when it is available again. When I went to get them the first time they were sold out then available again in a very short time. 
As you can see I have only used a couple of the fairies and I love that if you go to google and type in 'greeting farm fairy happy stamps' a pile of examples come up showing you the cutest ways to use these little darlings. I have had so much fun pre-stamping a pile of them and just colouring however I wanted to use as I have on this card but have seen lots of ideas for using directly onto cards.
One particular colourist I love to keep an eye on makes the most amazing cards for The Greeting Farm stamps and lists all colours used and thats Amy Young at A thousand sheets of paper and I just love looking at every piece of her work.  Don't forget to check her out but finish here first because I'm the entree ok and Amy the Main Course lol.


 
Back to my card. The inspiration is that there are a few challenges going at the moment asking for people to use pattern paper on their cards. I have a thousand ideas buzzing around but I thought I would go with the quickest and easiest one first.
Actually I had an even easier card going using a piece of pattern paper with a three tier cupcake  in the corner and just a bit of green on the rest of the paper and I though I would stamp the fairies direct and colour. First attempt I stamped in Memento to colour in copic and realised I need to stamp for pencil colouring with Archival, but the paper has a weave to it and didnt take to the extra inking well.
throw it out, one sheet left try again straight up with Archival, all stamped well except one fairy, yes went to fix and the piece moved so they all came out doubled slightly.


Okay different paper, no deep weave, stamped the fairies but pencil just wasn't working, they were just too small for me to get much colour going against the background flowers. So I did what we all do. Used the ones I had been colouring in. Found the mating ones, cut them out and stuck them on.



Here's a close up so you can see how sweet they are and of course as fairies go they must be glittered and I tried out my new Nuvo glitter pen - it gets the tick of approval.


It's a party seen. We have the sweet little fairy sitting with her back to us waiting for her friends to arrive, the one on her left has already started eating and the one on her right has pinched a flower out of her garden. A couple of friends have just arrived and are busy catching up.
The floral pattern paper has been owned forever and is ever so grateful to have been finally used.
The edges were cut each side with those edge dies I took out of my die storage container and put into a large coffee mug next to my die cutting machine to remind me to use them (best decision I ever made).
The mauve card base was found amongst a pile of coloured card bases I found during a purge of the craft room. Ohhhh we are such hoarders we card makers and its like some monster has control of us saying NO! NO! you must NOT throw that out (miniature 1" square of glitter paper) you will use that one day.

I stamped the sentiment from the fairy set and I've just realised I forgot to add any sequins but
with all the shimmer of the fairies IRL I think I can get away with that. 


Challenges:


Gone with the Topping using Pattern Paper




I've used six stamps on this project





A birthday party out in the garden is certainly Summer inspired.





Happy Birthday AAA Cards




Thanks so much for coming to visit everyone and I hope you come again soon.






8 comments:

Greta said...

Sweet card & great way to use that lovely paper!

Viv said...

Lovely card Aileen!

Jane said...

Oh those little fairies are so adorable! Such a very pretty card. Thanks for linking up and joining in with AAA Cards birthday celebrations!

Tracy Freeman said...

Oh my gosh this couldnt be any cuter !!
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you have a great day :)

I Card Everyone said...

These wee little pixies are surely telling the most wonderful party stories after this little get-together!
So adorable, Aileen!
=]

Ruth said...

hahaha! Were you in my craft room the other day when I saved that random piece of paper from a die cut?? This is utterly adorable and now I want all the fairies.... all the fairies in the world must be mine! And of course, that patterned paper is just perfect. It's why we keep everything, isn't it?? xx

Colleen said...

Aileen, these fairies are just too cute and thank you for sharing your story, we all have the same issues, right? Thank you for persevering and getting this card done for Seize the Birthday!

LucieGCards said...

What a sweet card! Love how you've paired the cutesy fairies with the elegant patterned paper! Love it! Thanks for playing along with our 4th birthday challenge at AAA Cards!