Translate

Thursday 31 May 2018

Be Happy

I think of Be Happy and automatically think theres going to be a bee card but no, not today. My Be Happy is just because I am trying to remember to use things I have. I have this 'Be' die and it never gets used and of course it goes with so many words I have in die cuts so I need to remember but for today its 'Be Happy' time.


I am also trying again to do more sketches. I see them, write the details down then always take too long thinking about them so am going to try doing them when I see them. Anyway this card was inspired by the Paper Players Card Challenge Sketch so I hope I have followed it properly.

I made the background piece previously and love the colours. Distress inks squished onto my craft mat water added then my watercolour cardstock squished into paint, lifted dried squished again added some liquid gold and sprayed, dried and there you go. cut with a stitched die cut. Check out the sparkle. The butterfly is die cut in white cardstock swiped with versamark ink
then gold embossed three times, wings and body. Solid body cut from gold vellum.

Be and 'happy' sentiments cut from black card stock and left the extra on the happy which cuts attached to the cardstock so that it followed the design of the sketch. Finished off with a couple of
sequins on the watercolour panel. As they were added to a pale yellow cardbase I add a white interior for people to be able to write comments on.


Challenges:






I'm hoping that it doesnt matter that I haven't stamped. I have inked and heat embossed
and die cut but not stamped.




Loved making the watercolour panel and the gold heat embossed
butterfly even if it did take three layers to meet my expectations.




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






9 comments:

Marge said...

Gorgeous card, Aileen! Love your take on the sketch, and the inking background is so beautiful with gold butterflies on it. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Love

Marge

laurie said...

Your background is beautiful, I really LOVE the gold touches!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

This card certainly makes me "Be Happy"! So pretty and the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Aileen your golden butterfly is beautiful and your watercolour background just fabulous. So glad you managed to get something made using our sketch! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jan Clothier said...

Stunning background! I've not come across liquid gold before but it looks like a must have! The black is a great contrast with the gold and the glorious background. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great take on the Paper Players sketch Aileen. I love the background paper colours and your golden butterfly steals the show. Thanks so much for participating in our "Anything Goes" Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week.

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my, Aileen! All that squishing and drying and spraying and drying certainly paid off. Your background panel is outstanding. Love it! What a great idea to die-cut your butterfly out of gold vellum and also that triple gold heat embossed lacy butterfly over it. That echoes the gold in your panel beautifully. Great take on the sketch, too. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Lady Joyful said...

Really pretty card! I love the touches of gold. Just fabulous. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Ruth said...

It's beautiful and in your signature gold -I have yet to try that technique of heat embossing onto card then die cutting. I love the marbled effect of the background piece xx