Translate

Monday 2 July 2018

Sending Birthday Bear Hugs




I love this sweet little bear and he belongs to a set from MFT and I bought it over  year ago and I have to admit this is the only one I have coloured so far. It's terrible but there are just so many stamp sets available now and I have bought so many, I have fallen into this thing of owning and wanting and just never finding the time to use them all and half the time I keep falling back on my old faithfuls.  BUT at least here I have painted one.

WithZigs and water to give the fade out look then of course lots of sparkle on the ribbon. I fussy cut and put aside. Then I got the card base and used the stencil I had made by keeping the outline from


a scallop frame I die cut. I taped the outline down over the card then used my brush to add a very light blend of Spun Sugar and I absolutely love how it turned out. Just look how soft and even it is. This is with a Clarity Brush and I swear by these brushes. I have 6, yes they were expensive. I bought 2 sets and gave the six a nominated colour, after use I brush them across a baby wipe to keep them clean so that they are constantly light and easy to use. As you can see here the colour has gone on pure and soft without any effort at all.

I glued the bear on top then stamped the sentiment. Quick and easy card.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you will come to visit again soon.

Challenges

















9 comments:

Aileen said...

hellllllo

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Ever so cute! Who wouldn't want this present. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

Trina P. said...

Aaahhh... great minds think alike! Your Zig colouring is beautiful. Love the fun, bright colours!

I think all crafters can relate with wanting and buying way more than we have time to use. Fortunately, I have used this set numerous times, but there are plenty more collecting dust! 😂

Joyce said...

So adorable, and I love the way you colored--those bright colors look so festive. And, I am exactly in your same boat--there are so many stamps I buy because I must have them, and then they get little or no use. But, we are keeping the economy humming along, so it's all good, right? Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

maria f. said...

That's the cutest little guy in pinks and oranges. And sparkle! I totally get the need it, want it, don't use it vicious circle...

Nancy said...

It is always a pleasure to see your cards in our gallery at Seize the Birthday! This cute little guy caught my eye right away! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us over at STB!

Ruth said...

Oh this is super cute. You are not alone Aileen in wanting and seeing and buying and then not using for ages! I love my ink dusters, which are like Clarity brushes. They give such a soft look. xx

BożenA said...

That's how cute this little bear is. Beautifully colored, perfect chiaroscuro. And the color scheme is amazing. A wonderful card
Hugs,
BozenA

lostinpaper said...

I love this stamp set too, but I only get to use it when I visit Linda lol. Love your fun choice of colours and sweet CAS design!