Translate

Thursday 5 July 2018

The Flower Challenge #22 Monochrome


Well here we are again and it's time for a new challenge and this one is Monochrome.

monochrome
ˈmɒnəkrəʊm,mɒnə(ʊ)ˈkrəʊm/
noun
  1. 1. 
    a photograph or picture developed or executed in black and white or in varying tones of only one colour.
adjective
  1. 1. 
    (of a photograph or picture, or a television screen) consisting of or displaying images in black and white or in varying tones of only one colour.


    Of course I could not go black and white, not me, it had to be varying tones of one colour. So I chose blue. I took all the Copic blues I had, not the BG blue/greens just the blues and worked with those. I love how it turned out.

Now if you would like to know what blues I used I did write on a scrape of paper but at the moment I cannot find it. I will look for it and edit this post if anyone asks me to add the colours used. I am happy to do this, but Im not going to worry about it if it isn't of any interest to anyone.

One of the blues I used does have a violet hint to it but I do assure you
they are all blues of course with a touch of shimmer.


I then decided to add a layer of blue fun foam and fussy cut to shape. I took the card base and
one of my partial die cuts and cut the corner with the circles one. Love this look of a partial
cut.

Mounted the floral panel on the left. Added couple of enamel dots to finish it off. I
decided it didn't need a sentiment and would be good for any occasion.


Thanks for coming to have a look, now its time to go check out the amazing cards made by all my wonderful friends at the Flower Challenge and see what inspirations you to join us this month with a Monochrome card at The Flower Challenge

Just come back to add to a couple of challenges

Challenges:

















12 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aileen, love all the beautiful hues of blue on this amazing card, the way you cut around your flowers and then, added the partial cut design on the corner.
Awesome card, as always, my friend.
XO

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf...love those cascading flowers and the cut away corner...and not to mention that it is all done in my fav colour!
xx Karen

BożenA said...

Beautiful, I love both the color scheme and the exact cut-out of the edges. I also love the beautiful openwork pattern based on the card.
BożenA xx

Ruth said...

It's gorgeous! I really love that you went with blue and not black and white too. I absolutely adore the partial die cut corner too - that is so clever. Looks really effective against the rest of the card. xx

Heidi Weaver said...

What a wonderful creation, Aileen, and so well thought out. I love all those varying shades of blue. Those flowers are breath-taking. Great idea to balance the floral with that openwork die-cut right corner. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Viv said...

Super card here Aileen! loving all those gorgeous shades of blue and beautiful stamping too. I love how you coloured those fab flowers and that pretty die cut corner finishes it off so well also 😀 hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card Aileen and I love all the blues (a little partial to the color myself lol) Love the die you used too adds a nice dimension to this gorgeous card!

Karren said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Aileen! So many beautiful blue shades and your corner die is the perfect touch! I have corner dies like that and I don't think I've ever used them.

Helen said...

A stunning card, Aileen! Your colouring and choice of colours is just perfect.
Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Bobby said...

Blue is not my color but they look gorgeous all together in that lovely bouquet, Aileen.

Trina P. said...

Your card is BLUEtiful, Aileen! Gorgeous colouring as always. Awesome card in my favourite colour blue! x

Lady Joyful said...

Great monochrome card - really lovely variation in tones. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT