Translate

Monday 15 June 2020

The Flower Challenge #45 Navy + One Other - Reminder


It's that time again. 

Same stamp set this time coloured with Copics. I used colours from B - went with dark colours in the range and R30's - so closer to pink range. To highlight the areas that were light I went back in with my Copic Opaque White which I forgot I had purchased some time ago.

The Copic Opaque White
See the brush, its very very fine so great to add thin lines to
something. What is it - well its acrylic paint in a bottle with a very fine brush
and I cant remember when I got mine or how much it cost but now you are
looking at $25 to $30 + dollars so really just get a tube of white acrylic and a
very fine brush and you have it.

I ended up putting some of the white paint on my paint pallet and added a very little amount of water and used a paint brush with  curved head
I used this brush as I used to paint and had it on hand. I used one with a very small head and just added white in the highlight areas.
You dont need to go out and buy lots of brushes or the best any brush you are comfortable using will work. The point is you can add more highlight to the petals than you can with a white gel pen. In this instance I felt the petals were do dark that highlight was needed.

The sentiment is from the same set of stamps from Simon Says (Sketch Flowers)

For this card I have heat embossed with Gold onto Navy blue cardstock.
I used white pencil (Derwent African White) to add dimension to the petals.

Finished off with gold sequins and a gold mirror card birthday Sentiment. I also aded the blue panel of the card to a layer of blue fun foam before adding to the white cardbase. Another card that did not photograph as well as IRL.

I did most of these cards as tall slimline look and I now need to learn which is the best way to photograph these cards. Might be time for a light box I think.

Anyway now its time to go to the Flower Challenge Blog to see what our Guest Designer and the Design Team have been up to.

Thanks so much for coming to visit and I love it when you comment so feel free.

Crafty Hugs
Aileen 


12 comments:

Diane said...

Wow stunning designs Aileen.

Hugs Diane

lostinpaper said...

Wondeful Aileen! I found a jar of this in my drawer a few months ago (before it was in the nailpolish style bottle) and it had dried up... as I had too forgotten it lol. Love your designs!

Enna said...

Both cards are so gorgeous! From one of my favorite sets ever (certainly, the most beautiful sentiments I've seen)! I usually love navy, but, of course, I can't seem to do one this month!! ����.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Aileen, both these cards are gorgeous, love the vibrant colors on the first one and the soft contrast of the white and gold on your second card.
Fabulous, my friend.
XO
Maria.

frommycraftroom said...

Love the white on navy paper! how clever :)

Bobby said...

That is such a wonderful flower arrangement, Aileen, and it looks great in the bright blue and red but the gold and white is so elegant.

Viv said...

More fabulous cards too Aileen, well done ;) hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

These are gorgeous Aileen and I love the navy with the red flowers. So bright and pretty. The navy background with the gold embossing is gorgeous too! Beautiful job!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous cards mf...that image fits so great on those slimline cards.
xx Karen

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! Both cards are so different and both stunning. Such a great use of this image. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Regarding the Copic colors I used, well, I am not one to pick a few markers in advance and be done. I use tons of markers as I go. That said, I suspect I used some 'R's and definitely YRs. I suspect the ends of the flower petals are YR23 or similar. I may have used a 'G' for some of the shadows. I have been working on better shadowing. I probably used a really dark R or RV around the flower center. I wish I could be more specific for you, but I just color! I don't really pay attention to Copic color groups, etc.

Cardogram said...

Both the cards are totally awesome.. I love each of them.. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog Aileen 😊😊

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.