Translate

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Three cards in the one Post

My apologies if you have already seen this post just wanted to add some challenges otherwise no changes.

Three card of course that means lots of photos and I better hurry up because one Challenge is about to close off and of course I love those ones.
I absolutely love

Its so stunning and I just love this colour mix but of course I went off to my craft room and cut out a few tags and started blending. I think I need to hire someone to say 'stop Aileen, enough... ENOUGH.
I always need to add just a bit more. Don't get me wrong I love what I ended up with but I really did love the colour of the inspiration tag so I think I need to go back and try again. Another day.



I loved everything about Carol's card so I stayed close to just gave my own spin.
I have a number of stencils that need to be used so out came this one for the first time (my goodness I cant believe this is the first time I have used it, look at it, so much can be done with this).
I lightly blended with Spun Sugar and a touch here and there of Worn Lipstick and finished off with some gold embossing paste. Its one of those things that looks much more impressive IRL as the camera is focusing more on the tag.


For the tag I added a bit of Lemonade, Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick, so well blended you can barely see any colour difference.
Added a wee bit of ribbon as I had punched the hole at the top of the tag. I just tucked and glued the ribbon at the back of the tag.I so enjoyed my last time with washi tape and die cut this time I did a 
Paper Smooches Butterfly then finished off with the wonderful sentiment.

The sentiment nearly ended in disaster as I decided to use the Misti and Stazon Ink for lining up. Of course for some obscure reason I lined up the tag but didnt put to the edge of the Misti. With me here....well then I inked up the stamp, pressed down and when I lifted the stamp lifted with the tag stuck to it..... so of course I could never line it up again. Barely inked so I had to sit there and go over the stamped image with a black fine line pen. 
What I didn't realise and am sharing with you: if your card stock is quite heavily blended withDistress Ink and you want to add the sentiment the same day the stamp will pull at the cardstock as it is quite tacky. So let your carsick dry out over night or use different ink.


Next card is a Mothers Day card for my granddaughter to give her mum. This is a Penny Black stamp and so cute and so easy to colour.



I coloured with copics and added Glossy Accents to the Hearts bursting out of the envelope.


If you look closely I also added some heart gems I have. They are so pretty and work in perfectly with this stamp.



One bigger heart at the top and stamped the sentiment. Finished and will give this to 
Sophie to give to her mummy on the 8th.


Last but certainly not least a water colour using the  Hydrangea stamp from Ellen Hudson.


This time I haven't die cut but did cut with the scalpel along the top of the bloom and then tucked in two of the die cut leaves. I love this look, its just different.


I was happy because I managed to keep my colours light, mix of pinks and yellows, meaning some came out looking orange.  Love the softness of this and of course it will look perfect beside my Rainbow Hydrangea in my garden.

I had some loose petals that also come with the stamp and dies but I was not as light handed with those and they all looked too dark to have come from this flower.

So I finished this off with just a few sequins and a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment.

There it is three cards, there are actually another two that are very similar to my first card as I produced in bulk  but decided to leave aside for another day.

Now to link these up before that challenge closes. Actually just to be safe I will probably just link the one and come back for the others tomorrow or I may miss the challenge all together.

Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.
Aileen


This is my first time entering this challenge. Its worth checking out and going and 
seeing the wonderful inspiration there.



Linking up the Birthday Card with the big flower.






Mothers day Card













32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three fabulous cards.
I love the Mother's Day card - gorgeous and I bet it is well received :) The heart gems are perfect.

Donna said...

Looks like you have been a busy bee :)
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It. Great to know how much you liked Carol's tag.

cm said...

Aileen, a trio of absolute gorgeous happening here! Your little girl card is wonderfully charming and beautifully charming! Your grand-daughter will be thrilled to give this gem to her mom, who will adore it. Your Hydrangea...oh my! Incredibly pretty, stylishly dressed in its eye-catching delicate pink/coral petals. I'm 120% water-colour challenged, so seeing others work magic with this medium adds all the more impact. Now, your tag/card: I LOVE IT! I don't think you were too heavy-handed at all! Your stenciled background is a marvelous canvas for your incredibly lovely tag (and I do see the gradient in your two inks). Adding a striped butterfly is both innovative and striking! I consider this a WOW! I'm thrilled you drew inspiration from my tag/card and created this gem, infused with your special style and touches! Thank you for joining the TYI gallery and for making me feel extra special about what I created! You're a sweetheart!
~carol

Cara said...

Three beautifully different cards. Love them all. Cara x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely array of cards! Your water colored one is stunning and my favorite :)

Melissa L. said...

OOOO yeah! That hydrangea stamp!? Gorgeous. Your embossing and water coloring? Beautifully done, Aileen! I love it. The leaves too. Sweet! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)I now need to go look for that Hydrangea stamp!

Viv said...

3 lovely examples of your talents Aileen!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so wonderful! I love your beautiful butterfly and hydrangea cards! And your mother's day card is just so sweet with the envelope and the hearts floating out! Precious!

Mac Mable said...

Wow fabulous..all three of them. Loved the washi tape on the first card and great take on the tag inspiration. Such a cute and adorable second card, beautifully coloured and that oh so sweet hearts flying out of the envelope. The most gorgeous hydrangea stamp and the prettiest of colours and clever to do the leaves the way you did them. Gorgeous cards, thanks for sharing x

*Vicki* said...

All of these creations look absolutely amazing!! I adore your tag with the touches of gold, that little girl with all of the flying hearts is just as sweet as can be and I love your stunning hydrangea!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration for me today!! :) HUGS

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful creations, I love each one! What a wonderful stenciled background on your tag card. I love the gold embossing paste detail. Your washi tape butterfly is gorgeous with your blended tag. I love that sweet Penny Black image and how you glossed those hearts! Your hydrangea is beautiful and I love, love, love, your tucked in leaves! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Flo Langley said...

They are all beautiful cards Aileen. The little heart gems really give dimension to your second card. Such an adorable image. Love the hydrangea and the soft colors you have created.
Flo x

Ruth said...

well they are all fabulous - I actually think you do your best work when you're up against it with a challenge!!! But most of all that hydrangea - it's just beautiful - the soft colours of the flower and then those two leaves tucked in behind. It's just perfect! xx

gail said...

three stunning cards, I love the cute mothers day with the little hearts popping from the envelope, and the gorgeous soft colours of the hydrangea card xx

Nancy Penir said...

All gorgeous, Aileen! Came to comment on the tag, and got treated to more eye candy. Tag = be-u-t-ful! Thanks for playing along at tag you're it!

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards Aileen. Your tag card is so pretty with the different colours of stenciling and the gold paste. The butterfly is so pretty on the brightly coloured tag.

Your granddaughter is going to be so excited to give her mom that sweet Mother's day card. I bet she loves all those shiny hearts. :)

And your hydrangea is so soft and delicate. Great colours. You've been busy!! xx

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful and amazing cards! But your sweet floral card is just amazing! Almost real.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So much awesomeness in one post!!!! That gold stripe butterfly in your first card looks amazing! The hearts floating up from the envelope are delightful! Both your granddaughter and her mom will be so happy! And your hydrangea - a real eye candy!!! especially with those tucked in leaves - so creative!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow these are all so awesome! From the background on the first, to the hearts on the second and the dimension on the third!

Joyce said...

Amazing and gorgeous trio of cards. All so different, showcasing how versatile you can be with your styles. Your last card, however has stolen my heart. I love how you got so many different colors in each petal of your flower, and love how you made a cut to tuck those leaves in.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job, I should use more stencils, love that background look. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Darlene said...

All your cards are fabulous but I really do love the card you made for our challenge! The design is awesome with the dimension of the leaves! What a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Unknown said...

All your cards are so pretty! The floral one is simply gorgeous! I love the colouring and the colours you picked! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Greta said...

All great cards, Aileen! The little girl with hearts is so darling & I adore the hydrangea! Everyone seems to have that stamp but me--is that a sign I need it?! Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa Babitz said...

All three of your cards are beautiful! Your Mother's Day card is adorable; I love the image you used, and you colored it beautifully! The heart gems bursting out of the envelope along with the stamped ones look fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week over at the Mod Squad Challenge!

TaeEun said...

Gorgeous trio of pretty cards! The stenciled background on the tag card looks beautiful with the touch of gold and you went over the sentiment with your pen perfectly, it looks flawless. Love your coloring on Mimi and the heart gems. Sophie will love it :). The soft hydrangea is beautifully colored and I love how you put the leaves behind the flowers. Have a wonderful weekend, Aileen!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful birthday card (all of your cards are gorgeous!)! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Linda said...

Wow you've been busy Aileen and I love the results. The glossy hearts bursting out of that sweet envelope are fabulous and I love the soft colours of the hydrangea - just beautiful.

maria f. said...

Love everything about that Mothers Day card.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, these are all fab Aileen!
I especially LOVE your pretty colouring on your Hydrangea card :)

Aileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coldwaters2 said...

WOW, WOW, WOW these are beautiful creations Aileen I love them all, I especially love those gem hearts flying out of the envelope on the second card I thought it was such a good effect, brilliant work
hugs
lorraine x