Translate

Wednesday 15 July 2020

The Flower Challenge #46 Summer/Winter Reminder


Its time for the reminder for the challenge at The Flower Challenge Blog and this month is Summer/Winter. 
If you were super quick at the beginning of the month you would have seen this card one minute then next it was gone. Yep...... posted the wrong card..... so now Im sharing , again.
I love this stamp from The Ton  Morning Glory that flowers through every season bar Winter. I never used this background stamp enough to begin with as my colouring was a little flat I felt. But since adding lots of cours and layers in watercolour I love using it as a bright card well worth sending to someone.

I have silver embossed the whole image and here I have tilted so you can see the shimmer added to the painted layers. Don't mistake that for messy embossing on the purple flower it is glitter in the sparkle layer added to the watercolour.


I have added to a large pale green cardbase after die cutting the word die sentiment from the card front ' Sending Sunshine'. I did cut again in fun foam in blue and in gold mirror card then stacked up. I have saved the floral die cut word for another card.
I'm really please with this card and look forward to sending to a friend.

Now its time to go check out the Flower Challenge Blog to see the stunning creation from Mac Mable, our Guest Designer this month, and also from the Design Team. As always they have all made amazing inspirational cards and look forward to your visit.

Here's hoping you decide to take part in our challenge this month but hurry up its ending soon, and I'll see you again soon.


Crafty Hugs

Aileen


12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So much colour and happiness on your amazing card Aileen. As always fabulous colouring and sunshine on a card x.
Super thrilled to be guesting this month.....Thank you x.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aileen, when I saw this card for the first time I immediately thought of a Bride's bouquet, it's absolutely gorgeous.
It looks different from the card you posted here but I just love this one too.
I really don't use background flower stamps but this one is truly awesome, I'll go and take a look see over at the TON.
Sending hugs, my friend.
Maria.

Diane said...

Wow what a stunning background, your colors are fabulous.

Hugs Diane

Julie said...

Hi Aileen - thanks for stopping by my blog. I did use Copics on this one, although I do use Promarkers too! I used, YR27, and YR23 then Y18 and Y08. Your colouring on this image is absolutely fabulous - love it!!Juliexx

lostinpaper said...

I'm glad you chose Summer, these bright colours make me so very happy!!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Hola, Aileen! I hope things are going well for you and your family. 😊 Such a beautiful card! Just gorgeous! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

BożenA said...

Fabulous card, Aileen. Like a postcard from an enchanted garden. These vivid, vibrant colors look wonderful, golden mirror sentiment will finish your card perfectly
hugs,
BożenA

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! This is amazing and a very happy card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ericka Strange said...

Wowwzers! Love this gorgeous card Aileen and the beautiful colors you used. So bright and happy. Beautiful job.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so totally stunning and gorgeous...love it
xx Karen

Robyn Oliver said...

Wonderful and colourful... gorgeous card Aileen, Robyn

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a stunning, vibrant card.
xxx