Translate

Saturday 16 October 2021

Reminder Post for The Flower Challenge Birthday Bash #61 Use a Shape

 



Its our 5th Birthday and we want you to join us and celebrate just because you can. Its such an easy challenge, Use a shape that does not mean you have to make your card a different shape. You can if you want but it also means you can add a shape to the front of your card and it meets the criteria.

Not only is it our 5th Birthday but we have lots of prizes to give away so come on, give it a go.


For my reminder card I have watercoloured this beautiful rose then I used 2 different sized Hexagon stitched dies, the smallest I think in the set and cut out the rose then attached again with fun foam adding depth to the pieces.



I saw this amazing card from my friend Therese at Lost in Paper and I could not resist trying this same technique. I know my card was not as successful as I had hoped but it was so worth
the idea.



Though I used a new card base to lay the tiles I decided to also add parts of the image that are below the die cut layer as I felt they needed to be there to finish the card properly.
I finished off by adding the Best Wishes die cut and some gold gems.

Thank you so much for coming to check out my card, now its time to go see what the rest of the Design Team have been up to at The Flower Challenge

6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous card my friend!

Loll said...

WOW! Such a cool technique Aileen! Gorgeous card and so creative! xx

Bobby said...

This is fabulous, Aileen. Kudos to you for trying that technique. It came out beautifully.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Wow and Wow!! I love this card, Aileen. The technique you have used is SO effective. I don't know what you would call "successful", if this is not as successful as you planned. I agree that adding the parts of the image not in the die-cuts was the correct choice. Jennifer. x

P.S. Thank you for your kind comments. x

Zoechaos said...

So clever and pretty great inspiration x

Viv said...

This fabulous Aileen! such a clever card and I love that gorgeous flower stamp too. Yes 5yrs where has to time gone? it's been a great journey with you and the rest of the team though ;) hugs Viv xx