Translate

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Challenges

My biggest Challenge is knowing which challenges to go into. I can't believe how many Challenges there are out there. Every time I look I see another one and I wonder how you wonderful ladies keep track of the Challenges and which ones are on which day and how many to limit yourself to.

I probably won't go in many product link ones except Hero Art cause I have so many of their stamps and know them well. I decided a year ago to separate all my stamps into categories to make sure I got the best use out of them. So that means all my sentiments are in categories of word type. Then the stamps themselves, so I am lucky to know where they are from so that will eliminate a lot of Challenges I suppose but there are so many more. mmmmm what to do.

As I sit her colouring in for one Challenge cause even though I have two huge folders full of coloured in digital and rubber stamp images of course none of them a right for this Challenge so I'm colouring away.

So that my blog doesn't sit idle I want to post these two cards I coloured and posted on Flickr a while ago but didn't get much look in as they don't qualify to be posted to the main groups I post too.

So without further ado here they are


Both of these are digital images and there are more to the set. If you want to know who the designer is let me know and I will look it up for you. They are so beautiful and different. I coloured both of these with Peerless Watercolours then finished off with Inktense pencils and water brush. Love love both the cards and their colours, just different. Some die cuts for mats and words, enamel dots and sequins and all finished.

Hope you enjoy my in-between post and let me know please if there is any good system for working out which challenges and how to keep track.

Thanks and Enjoy

1 comment:

Darnell said...

These are wonderful designs for showcasing those fab digis, Aileen, and your coloring is fantastic!! Everyone has their own system for keeping track of challenges I think. After a very long time of looking up each challenge in Google, one by one, once a week, I finally realized I could do a page (tab) on my blog with a list of all my favorites. That way I just open it and click on the URLs and up comes the newest challenge. I can tell in a second if I'm interested and for the ones I am interested in that week, I jot down a note on a piece of paper the name of the challenge, the word/theme/color etc., and when it closes. Then I just have to refer to it for the next few days.

Another great resource for you until you narrow down the challenges you want to enter on a regular basis is "Paper Playful." They list all the card color, sketch, and theme challenges broken down by days of the week - and they list the follow-up winners. It's an amazing site!

Happy coloring! Hugs, Darnell