Translate

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Thanks

I had previously cut out a whole pile of these wonderful big sentiments 'Thanks'. Lots of white layers and then others from sheets of watercolour cardstock that I had coloured with Inktense Pencils and blended with water.

This one is a mix of yellows and oranges. Love these die cuts because the negative can be used as well.

With this card first I used the Scor-pal to do a pattern on the card stock, first in one direction then in the other.

Found this really wonderful yarn that is a mix of yellows and oranges so it was perfect for this card. I put a small slit in the top of the card to feed the yarn through and tied it off behind the rectangular strip.
The long strip with different colours of orange and yellow card stock was a pain to make, an idea I had seen years ago at an on line class but if anything can go wrong it did. The card I saw in the online class looked so easy and straight forward but it didn't turn out that way for me. Needless to say I made something because I was stubborn enough to have to do something with all the little weeny squares I cut out. If you click on the card for close up you will see all the errors, glossy accents that covers some of the squares and not others and glue I managed to get on the card as I placed the sentiment. Gotta love it when it just doesn't work. Anyway added a strip of gems that came in the pattern you see.

Thought after all that I should enter it in a Challenge and thought Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Sentiments as this is one big Sentiment and its also Simon Says Die.

Now to do something with the million other weeny little squares in every colour under the sun......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit and please share your thoughts as long as they are positive.