Translate

Saturday, 2 May 2015

You Look Fabulous

I love the Art Impression stamps. My one regret is that they make some stamps exclusively for stores over in America that I can't source. Always enjoy a bit of humour and have a number of the girlfriend stamps.
I finally got my hands on the second lady in her swimmers so could make a card with the two of them. Her we go:

I did plan to try making this a one layer card, no bling or extra panels but.....yes I forgot about the sentiments placement. 
This time I knew what sentiments I wanted to use but didn't think about that when I stamped the ladies. If I had stamped them just that little bit closer together, but I was thinking of personal space you know, don't stand in my space!!! Anyway I ended up cutting speech bubbles and having to resize slightly to fit and they turned out ok. Then I needed to colour the speech bubbles slightly as they were a different white to the white of the card and when I took the photo it stood out like dirty linen.

A light coat of blue fixed that and I actually felt it improved the card as well. All colouring was with copics. I just love the idea of two old friends catching up at the beach and telling it as it is. So simple.

thought I would enter this in :

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge 142- MAKE YOUR MARK

Simon Says Anything Goes - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes Challenge

Thanks for coming to have a look. Aileen

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, how cute and fun is this card, Aileen! I love your coloring and the contrast with the white card stock is perfect! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore your fun card Aileen:) Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. These ladies always bring a smile to my face and you have coloured them beautifully. The speech bubbles in blue look great too. Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this card gave a good chuckle, lovely indeed. So glad you joined us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, what a fun card! Great coloring! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, I can see why you love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card!! Ai stamps are so fun!! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and please share your thoughts as long as they are positive.