Translate

Monday, 7 September 2015

Happy Birthday


I am so happy with how this turned out. I had so many ideas. I decided to enter in a Colour Throwdown and of course its now last minute but I love the colour choices for this one.





I stamped the flowers from a new Altenew stamps. I looked at so many ideas but decided to go this way. I stamped them down the length of the cardstock and of course I never thought of size so the card is larger than I would normally do. I stamped in lemonade  distress ink  which was pretty pale but worked and also did a bit of masking. I then used a mix of four yellow copics to produce the curves and highlights.

I then outlined the inner section of the flowers with the palest grey copic I have just to add a bit of shadow.

I then fussy cut along the length of the card any white that showed.





I then got a larger piece of card stock so I could blend blue down the side, distress ink again. I sprayed with shimmer mist then lightly blended again to soften. I only wanted a bit of shimmer not a night sky with stars which is what it looked like.

If you look closely you can see the bits of shimmer.
Stamped sentiment and added a couple of navy gems to finish it off. I am really happy with this but sure wouldn't do too often cause I felt like my hands were going to seize up.

I would like to enter this in a couple of challenges.



finally

Was just looking at the Time Out Challenge and thought I would add to that one as well. Hopefully 4 challenges is not too many anywhere.
I passed on the optional twist for this one as I haven't gone Monochrome.

Thanks for coming to visit and  I hope you come again.



7 comments:

  1. Perfect colours for the challenge! Absolutely love the way the flowers fall down the side. Beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! That floral border is gorgeous--and your fussy cutting is just perfect, too. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the yellow really pops on the blue, it's a beautiful card Aileen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the yellow and blue combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS-card! Love the flowers; the look allmost real! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , great card
    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious and rich coloring on this card. It's so vibrant and beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along at Time out.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and please share your thoughts as long as they are positive.