Translate

Monday 21 September 2015

Thank You


I had 20 minutes to spare before I set off for mum and dad's. So what do we do when we have a spare 20 minutes: Do we leave earlier (nah) Do we tidy the house so nothing has to be done by the others when I'm away (nah), I make another card of course.





Little Tangles have a mint & gold challenge going. So I thought I would give the mint & gold another go.

I have used the main die from Neat and Tangled, its just so nice with the rose cutouts.
I cut it out twice and stuck one layer on top of the other. I used Pistachio Distress Ink (Looooove it) and blended very gently onto the card base. Added the die cut and then cut the card down in size for balance. 



Was going to stamp but ink doesn't work well on this gold card stock so I used another die cut. The 'Thank You' die was cut in gold as well but a very shiny metallic gold. It works IRL - trust me on that.
I was going to add some more distress ink inside the flowers but couldn't find my foam tool for fine blending, started with a cotton bud. You can see on the rose at the bottom that mark in the centre of the flower. I stopped before I demolished.
I decided to add Perfect Pearls powder instead, just on the inside of the die cut. If you click on the photo you can see it better. Looks really nice, just the perfect finish.

You don't have to use Neat & Tangled products to enter. They also have some freebies available to use on their blog if you want to. 



okay time to post it so, thank you for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.



5 comments:

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card Aileen and I love your cool design:) xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
Glad you spent your spare 20 minutes wisely :)

Virginia L. said...

You have used this die so fabulously! Love the colors--so rich and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

Heather Ruwe said...

wow! so pretty! thanks so much for joining us over on the little tangles challenge blog!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! 20 minutes! I'm totally impressed!