Translate

Wednesday 2 March 2016

You are tutu sweet!



I needed a birthday card for a little girl and had coloured this little dancer last colouring challenge. I decided to use her and also use the idea we had been shown from the Copics Colouring Online Class by using the same colour copics to colour a layer of cardstock so they could match. I was totally wrapped with the look once I had finished playing around.


The image is a Mo's Digital Pencil one. I have coloured her with pink copics and added glitter with a glue pen and loose glitter for both the skirt and the headband.



I die cut the image with a new NBUS Stitched Circle Die and another layer of plain white card stock with the next size up. I coloured about a half inch in with the palest colour then in four sections add a slightly darker then darker again with the pinks blending between each addition. I glued each layer flat and finished off with another NBUS die - the trail of stars across the top.
I then stamped 'you are tutu sweet!' which was a combination of single words and the 'tutu sweet' word from a Mo's stamp set that I have. 'Happy Birthday' stamped inside.

Link this up with:





Darnell is having her 6th Challenge. I love going in these challenges as its a great way to use stuff that hasn't been used before. You know that stuff you leave sitting there cause I am going to use that one of these days. This is the perfect opportunity, mind you I reckon she could have a daily challenge for a year and I might be lucky enough to use half of my mount NBUS.
For this challenge I have used 2 dies that haven't been used before. The challenge runs till 10th March and all are welcome to participate just remember you mush use something that hasn't been used before.



Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie :) Beautifully coloured.

Ruth said...

Oh this is my little girl!!! She loves dressing up in outfits - she has a little pink fairy one. Love the coloured background. I need to get back into the Copic class soon. I'm also planning on joining in with Darnell's challenge - I do have some NBUS! Xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my isn't she a little cutie pie totally adorable I love this card so much Aileen
hugs
lorraine x

Barb said...

This card really is tutu sweet. I love the dear little image. Barbxx

TaeEun said...

Oh, so sweet!!! The little girl with her glittery pink tutu looks gorgeous! And the circle panel in matching color framed the image beautifully!

Darnell said...

So sweet, Aileen! You do a magnificent job of coloring these adorable Mo images! I just grin from ear-to-ear whenever I see one of them! And what a great tip on coloring an outer circle like this to match the image! That's one of those smack yourself in the forehead tips for not thinking of it before, lol! Thank you for your cheerleading and support of my little challenge! That was very kind and, of course, thank you so much for playing! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Peanut said...

Oh Aileen! She's a precious little darling! And your colouring is fabulous, so perfect for the little cutie-patootie. I'm also loving the shimmer and shine... wow!
x Asha

Joyce said...

Super cute image--and amazing coloring. Love it.

Colleen said...

OMG this is one adorable image and you have colored her to perfection. I love this and that sentiment too...and also love your ring colored with the same copics...Awesome card!! thank you for sharing at Seize the Birthday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my word! How totally over-the-top adorable is this! Well done with your coloring too :)

OH Babs said...

OMG this is the cutest. Mo's designs are always amazing.