Translate

Monday 27 March 2017

Three cards: A Birthday in the Forest and Two Humorous Easter Cards

First we have the birthday card and my first time using brushes to add
blending rather than the foam tool. Used a negative die cut circle held in place 
with masking tape. Added the palest blues and greens, the blue a little heavier near the 
grass line . Ended up using the foam tool at the end just to add a wee bit of depth around the edges.

Coloured my little friends with Copics, fussy cut then placed where I wanted them on the card.


Ok just noticed I coloured that bit of white card the wrong colour cause I moved him down, ahh well you will justhaveto pretend its green. I stamped his bubbles onto the card base with the palest blue distress ink then very lightly added watercolours pink, yellow, mauve and Wink of Stella. Had to be careful as it wasn't watercolour paper, but worked out ok. Decided to add his turtle friend.


Stamped the sentiment which is straight, its just the angle of the card and my photography skills
that make it look like its dropping off the card, trust me.

The next card is another of Mo's Digital Pencil images. I love this chook and the look on her face.
She comes with a sentiment  'Hero' but I wanted a couple of silly sentiments for some friends that
appreciate my humour.

I coloured with Copics then decided to add some Glossy Accents but only here and there. I didnt want all the eggs covered plus it would take too long for my impatient self.

I used the double sided stitch die from ....... nope no idea. Then did another cut from 
chickie pattern paper which I thought was good for Easter.




I typed up (well on the computer) the sentiment and die cut with a random
die that hardly gets used but is quite neat. Added the sentiment with some dimensional foam tape. John came up with this sentiment. We ended up throwing them at each other all Sunday as we ran into each other. But they got a bit rude/cynical/double meaning as the day went on so I settled on this one from John.




 This card is the same as the last one except this time I have a yellow card base, the die cut used is the Wonky Stitches Die from MFT and I also wanted to follow their sketch but not sure if it works.


I needed to add a word bubble and came up with this sentiment. I thought it was funny, of course you had to realise 'flo' is another chook, I got it but when I said it to John then Aaron they looked at me like I was mad. I'm going to send this to a friend I know will get it (or at least pretend she did)


Check out the buggy eyes. Like ohh my goodness, my haemorrhoids.....

then I needed a tag along the bottom so I decided to use washi tape with soft gold and coloured eggs and cut the end so it looked like a tag. Too light?? ahh well, it was fun.


I hope you enjoyed your visit and come again soon.


Challenges:

I have coloured so much in the last week but haven't posted yet so I need to make more cards .




Chicken talking about Flo card.




Its your birthday card




How Many Days to Easter card





How many days to Easter, has wings just cant fly.





Birthday card with Purple Onion characters.




Who's The Idiot card - Copics are my favourite colouring medium.
You can colour simple or layer upon layer or blending colours, It is such a magnificant
medium and gives amazing effects. Couldn't image life without my Copics.
















14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

These are both so fun and colorful!! Beautiful job on both of them! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Lynne in NI said...

I love the colouring on your teddy card, I'm going to give that background colouring technique a go. And I LOVE your chicken image, that's hilarious (I didn't know what a Flo was either so your fab sentiment was wasted on me too LOL)

Ruth said...

Hahahahaha! I love how you've got two very different cards in this post. The sweet and pretty birthday card (nice use of the stencil brushes!) and the hilarious chook - honestly, she deserves a medal, as do you with colouring all those eggs! xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh girl, you really crack me up!!! (no pun intended, LOL!!) love this cards, the Purple Onion little critters are always adorable and you colored them beautifully. Your Easter Egg, laying hen just melted my heart, love all of the colorful eggs, super fun and adorable too.
Thank you so much for sharing at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Hugs,
Maria.

papierelle said...

Your easter card ist so funny, great idea, love it!!

Julie B said...

That image certainly made me smile, love the occasional glossy egg, all would have been too much.
Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge blog. :)

Larissa said...

Love all these cards. I really love the cute CAS layout on the first card. I really like your cute chick on the giant pile of eggs. Poor thing! ;) Love how you cooured them in rainbow colours.

Hugs,
Larissa

Tammy said...

Two fabulous cards, I love all of the colorful glossy eggs! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Darnell said...

Ah, Aileen, these are two of my favorite cards you've done! Whether brushes or sponges, you rock the blending that's fershur! And that glossy pile of colored eggs just rocks my world!! Hugs, Darnell

Beverley said...

What a fabulous collection of cards, you have been busy! Loving your entry into the Uniko Challenge, the rainbow of eggs and added glossy accents is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A stunning collection of cards, perfect colouring and use of colour. I'm swooning over those luscious rainbow eggs and a great one for our spring theme at the Uniko challenge this month. Thanks for joining us.

BożenA said...

very sweet cards. Beautiful insporations
Hugs,
BożenA

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous cards, Aileen. The chicken cards are my favorite: so colourful and funny. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. Sorry for my late reaction :(
Luv, Wilma

Rahmat said...

Beautiful cards, I am completely bowled over by the creative idea of the second card. Thanks for joining us at Uniko.