Translate

Friday 26 January 2018

Precious & Beautiful


The backgrounds and the first card here and the card in the previous post were originally inspired by the CAS Mixup Card Challenge which for January was all about using cling wrap with watercolours. I fell behind with schtuff and by the time I got around to doing the cards today it was too late I had missed my inspiration. 

I love how these backgrounds turned out. The blue/green I used yesterday and todays two cards I have used the pink/orange/yellow background.
The multi coloured background has still to be used. If you click on them to enlarge you can see the cling film effect better but it doesn't show up as much on Oxides as it does on water colours.


This first card I have used a brand new Hero Art heart die I just got. It's like lace, I love it.
I die cut from the pink/yellow/orange piece and again in white. I used the white heart and reset it
into the negative and then added the negatives from the watercolour die cuts.



The photo just doesn't show it in all its beauty. Its stunning, the colours looks fabulous
and I can see myself using this heart is so many ways. I got this heart as part of the Hero Art kit for January.


I then added the word 'precious' which is die cut from gold mirror card. It attached a bit wonky but I left it as it was as its a very fine cut and has a habit of bending out of shape.


Here you can see the beauty of the piece of cardstock that was coloured with liquid twinkling H2O's in orange, yellow and plum.

At this angle you can see the mica which hasn't mixed through properly as I didnt shake the bottle enough (has been sitting way too long) but still looks fabulous. This time I have used the die cut heart of the same colour and inset white pieces.

Finished off with a die cut sentiment 'beautiful' in gold mirror card. Doesn't need any more
in gems as its so bright.


Challenges


beautiful card - new Hero Art Die and 
watercolours




New Hero Art Heart Die and Twinkling H2O's
watercolours card 'beautiful'




Precious card




Beautiful card


Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you come again soon









Update on life.


My life has settled down a lot at the moment ( I won't say it's settled for good as mum and dad and their circumstances and Elysha and her special needs mean that life is forever a merry-go-round and some weeks better than others.) Elysha got good funding through NDIS so now its contracts and making sure it all flows well. Aaron and Rachael have bought a house so they will be moving out so that just leaves John and Elysha (Jake) and myself.

Mum is too hard to talk about.
Dad is going well most of the time. He is healthy and has adjusted. Most days are great, some not so great. His dementia is moving along but slowly. His birthday is next month 92 years young and looking better than he has in many years. If mum was aware she would be so proud he has lost so much weight and with his new clothes he looks so dapper. 
To share a moment in that time that we can now laugh about, dad broke out/escaped from the Nursing Home a couple of weeks ago by following someone who was leaving out as though he was meant to be leaving.
He then wandered down to the edge of the busy road and sat on his walker where he was spotted by staff and my daughter. He refused to go back inside and told them to call the police as he wanted to report them for holding him against his will, false imprisonment etc. He wanted to move back to the country town of his birth. 
They tried getting me to talk to him and lots of different conversations and he got quite rude, basically told us all where to go. My brother went over and finally convinced him to go inside to the Cafe for an iced Coffee as it was 42 degrees centigrade. As he was going in he looked at my daughter and said 'well that will give all the old biddies something to talk about!!!'

Two days later he rang me to tell me his legs were very sunburnt and he didn't know why, when I told him, he of course had no recollection at all of the event. Every couple of days is a new adventure. 


11 comments:

Wendy L said...

Perfect for our challenge at MAWTT, xxx

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the update on life...sending love and hugs x The cards are stunning and such a fun technique. Love the vibrant colours and also like how the mica didn't mix, as it has produced a unique and gorgeous background x

Arlene said...

It's so hard to see your parent(s) with dementia.

I do want to tell you that your cards are so beautiful. I love how the papers turned out. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Sarah G said...

That die is stunning, Aileen and looks gorgeous with the fabulous background. A pair of beautiful cards.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times.

Bobby said...

As beautiful as the panels are, Aileen, they are even more gorgeous when made into cards. That red/orange just glows behind your lacy heart die. I have similar Dad stories to tell and it's good that we can look back and laugh or else we'd be crying. Think of you often and say a prayer that the roller coaster will even itself out.

Christine Harrop said...

Beautiful card using a lovely die. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT. Christine DT

Darnell said...

Beautiful background, Aileen, beautiful cards, and beautiful story about your feisty Dad! I can see where you get a lot of your strength of character and sense of humor! Sending hugs! You're a warrior!! xxoo Darnell

Creative world said...

Fantastic card and design...thank you for joining us at ATSM- challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Tanja said...

so pretty - thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous projects!! Thanks for linking up to our New to Me challenge gallery at a2z.