Translate

Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Flower Challenge #16 January 2018 Reminder


It's time for a another card for the Flower Challenge #16. It's half way through the challenge
and the team have all done another card to remind you how easy it is to make a card using the 'Spotlight Stamping' technique.


For my card I have used this wonderful stamp from Simon Says. It took me ages to get this stamp as I had to wait till a company that I bought through carried it so I didnt have to pay high postage. I have seen this stamp coloured so many different ways and have already done so myself and cant wait to share in future posts.


Spotlight Stamping here means minimal colouring. I stamped the image on the front of the card. then cut out a section of the image with a circle die with the stitched edge. I then coloured the cut out piece with Copics and once finished glued it back in place. So simple and yet so eye catching. I love this idea.

Now its time to see what the rest of the design team has done at The Flower Challenge and see if their designs can get you inspired. We would love to see your cards entered in our challenge this month.

Thanks so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.



10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I always love how this technique looks and you have rocked this one Aileen!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Aileen I am loving this beautiful creation so much I love the spotlight idea it works fabulously, take care
hugs
lorraine x

Darnell said...

I love the way you designed your spotlight on this beautiful stamp, Aileen! I don't get on IG so I don't get your updates, but I think of you often and hope you are doing better. You are such a strong woman dealing with all that you have on your plate! Big hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

love that stamp....I think it was worth waiting for. Wonderful card mf.
xx Karen

Viv said...

Great stamp and worth the wait Aileen! Lovely card.

Cara said...

Beautiful colouring and that stamp is yummy x

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love your sweet flowers.

Aileen said...

test 2

Bobby said...

That stamp works well for the technique, Aileen. The cut circle almost disappears which makes the coloring seem magical.

Viv said...

Love this card Aileen...and the stamp too. Great spotlight stamping example my lovely friend ;) hugs Viv xx