Translate

Monday 22 October 2018

'Sending Love & Hugs' and 'Thanks For Being Such a Wonderful Friend'


I made this card to support a wonderful cause then missed the deadline. So annoyed with myself.

Will share anyway and try to keep track a bit better next time. This wonderful stamp and die set are from Pink Fresh and I love the die cut as well as the stamps.


I need to work on my die cutting skills with this one but will get there. After colouring the flowers in all different pink and the leaves in greys I also did a die cut in pink fun foam.


The sentiment Sending love & hugs also has a die and both sentiments come with the floral stamp.
I love how it turned out and finished it off with some sparkly clear gems.



This card is made using a leaf stencil. I used white texture paste and added small amounts of colour in lemon, orange and red to the paste then spread it on the stencil. As I smeared it back and forward it mixed the colours a bit and the orange looks the strongest though that was a red I used.

I trimmed the panel down slightly then added to a card base. I decided to use gold washi tape each side for contrast then finished off with the 'Thanks' die cut in gold mirror card and the background layer cut in vellum and one wooden leaf. This is for a friend and just to let her know she is very appreciated.


For those of you who don't go to Instagram or Facebook I would like to share the news that my latest grandchild has been born to my youngest child.

Koby Aaron was born the 19th at10:11pm weighting 6lb 7oz.
Here he is with his proud mum and dad and Aunty Elysha who is also
Aaron's twin.

Such a wonderful point in our lives and a truly lifting time in
a year of so much sadness. 

Ready to go home.



Challenges:




Thanks Card




(Sorry couldn't find your blog button)

Thanks Card




Sending Love & Hugs




Clean and Simple is what I would call it, an image to colour in very simply
and diecut, lots of white space.


Thanks





Sending Love & Hugs





Thank you so much for coming to visit and see you again shortly.




10 comments:

Aileen said...

Fabulous days

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful cards. Congratulations to you all. A wonderful occassion. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

BożenA said...

Congratulations again Alieen !! It's wonderful news that joined your family such a sweet boy!
Great card, so cute. I love the colors of this card!
Thank you for participating in the Crafting Wit An Attitude challenge.
BożenA DT CWAA

Joyce said...

Such beautiful and wonderful cards. And, a big congrats to your new grandbaby. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Bobby said...

So much going on in your life, Aileen, I don't know how you get it all done. You've made some beautiful cards, including the one for the Muse challenge which I'll comment on here as well. Your flower coloring is wonderful. Congratulations on your new grandchild.

Marcia said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the bright, vibrant card for the pink and gray challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.

Gerrina said...

Such great autumn colours and great stamping! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Anne said...

Thanks for joining the 'As you Like It challenge' Aileen... and congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious Grandchild

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Congratulations! and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge with this fabulous card hugs Sue x

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are really wonderful, Aileen! Love seeing this entered into our challenge at Crafting with an Attitude this month. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT