Translate

Saturday 7 March 2020

An Early Start on Christmas Cards

hi there. This year I have decided I would start early with my Christmas cards. I did a lot of colouring last year and items never made it to cards as I just couldn't get motivated. Now with the colouring challenge there are more coloured images so its time to start making the cards. Maybe this year I will actually have cards to give to people.

This first is from a set I bought from Tiddlyinks Digital images. Not all of the images I share will be available on Etsy as she has reduced the number of images for sale. Which of course means I got some wonderful images very cheap.

This card is a tall card, I have coloured with Copics and wasn't happy with the Christmas
bauble so I added glue then added some glitter. The glitter star may look a bit odd there but a smudge that couldnt be covered or removed meant a little glitter star needed to be added.

I finished off with a new 'Celebrate' die with the background cut from silver glitter and the word from white. Added the panel to a purple base card.

This next sweetie is a fairly new fairy from Mo's Digital Pencil and her name is Faith.

I decided to go with light Copic colouring mauves and pinks and love how she turned out.

I then added a silver mirror card frame and then this was added to a white card base. Finished off with some pretty mauve and pink faceted gems. So I think this makes  three Christmas cards done now so Im off to a good start.

I hope you enjoyed your visit, find some inspiration and I will see you again soon.

Crafty Hugs

Aileen


PS Thought I would add a few photos of my beautiful grandson Archer and he is such a cuddly little fellow. The pictures in next line are his brother Mason who started school this year and Sophie my crafting buddy who has finally lost her two front teeth.  My son Dale then next row Dale and Mel and Archer (Mel misses a lot of time in front of the camera as she is usually the one taking the photos.)








Love this sweet family and all the baby hugs.

2 comments:

lostinpaper said...

You go GF! Christmas cards and it's only March, I'm impressed. They are so very cute and the save on the bauble with the glitter was genius (I must remember that trick as circular objects aren't my fave to colour). ps thanks for the sweet family pics too, I can see why you are so proud!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Girl, I LOVE glitter and that pink glitter that you added was awesome! Cute pictures of your grandchildren. Nietos means grandchildren. Nietos....pronounced knee-eh-toes. And you're speaking Spanish. ha-ha-ha Marisela (Mari)