Translate

Saturday 3 April 2021

Birthday Card For a Girl


I do love my Distress Oxide Ink and Distress Ink inkpads for giving me vibrant backgrounds. Always done in rainbow colours not laways adding all colours but combining from two ink pads to make a centre colour.



There is a bit of watercolour build up on the edges but not enough to worry about it. I left as it was, it is homemade. I decided to use this wonderful big bold Happy Birthday word die from Mama Elephant and I added a silver glitter layer over a purple cardstock layer just off centre to show both.


My little genie I coloured ages ago and I know I could have improved on the colouring but this is about making quick easy cards and using your stash not obsessing. 
I'm not sure if she is still available these days, could be from one of those companies that have come and gone.

 I finished the card off with some enamel dots that blended in perfectly with the colouring I made the background. The background was a fraction too short for my card and I didn't want to risk trying to trim and ruining the finish so I added a strip of washi tape glitter.

Another birthday card for my granddaughters and grandsons friends.


Thanks so much for visiting and see you again soon

Crafty hugs

Aileen

 

1 comment:

lostinpaper said...

She is a cutie Aileen!