Translate

Monday 30 May 2016

'Hooray it's your day' and 'Celebrate'

Two cards today, and like many of my cards just going to squeak
 it in to a couple of challenges that are on.

the inspiration for this card is:
Isn't this collection stunning, so many ideas.



This first card was done by gold embossing on white cardstock. This beautiful design is an Altenew stamp and I loved it when it first came out and still do. It has such a wonderful look to it.  I then did blending using Carved Pumpkin; Ripe Persimmon and Abandoned Coral,the lightest being the carved pumpkin and finished by going over the abandoned coral with the ripe persimmon so it  blended in better. I do love Distress Inks.
Look at that colour, so yummy, finished it off with some gems that I placed over the gold embossed dots and stamped 'celebrate' in black. Finished and happy.

Then I sat there and blended another couple of cards same colour and then I sidetracked to rainbows and boy it can be hard to stay on track sometimes. Of course then I had to scrub my fingers that still now look like I have taken up smoking big time and have nicotine embedded in my skin. Gross I know but thats the colour scheme on my hands at the moment and felt I should share.

Next is a birthday card.
My inspiration for this card
This is done by Jenni Murray for Muse Card Challenge.
I just recently got the present die I have used but it was an up pile rather than an along pile.Took my inspiration from the pile of presents; die cut; lots of colours. Thank you so much Jenni for your wonderful inspiration.






I die cut this present pile twice, once on gold mirror card and once on watercolour paper. I kept the watercolour piece all together as one piece so I could colour with my zigs using a darker colour at the bottom and pulling it up and out with a lighter version of the same colour.

I then glued the outline to my cardbase. I have been adding lots of wee little dots of glossy accents for my glue and letting it sit for a couple of minutes before adding to the card. I find it easier to re-adjust and don't end up with glue smears everywhere.

Once the gold layer was set I added more glossy accent dots within the die outline so I could glue the watercoloured sections in. I finished it off by adding the gold hearts onto of the watercoloured hearts and stamped my sentiment ' hooray IT'S YOUR DAY'

Challenges I would like to enter them in:


Entering my card with the presents

Hooray its your day and "I wish you all the best"


Hooray its your day - Dimension is the die cut presents.




Celebrate card for this challenge.
 (Had to laugh, click over and hit the wrong page and thought I had 
missed the challenge cause I was taking too long but I was wrong lol).


Adding the Celebrate card to this challenge



Adding the Celebrate card to this challenge.


Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.








29 comments:

Greta said...

You come up with the best ideas for cards, Aileen! I'm in awe of the first one which is just so gorgeous & the second one is fun & festive--love them both!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! Your blended background is so rich and gorgeous and your Muse card is so fun!

Ashwini Rao said...

Wonderful cards, Aileen! Those rich and vibrant colors really stand out!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Aileen, your cards are stunning! Love them both, but card 1 is amazing, Jo x

Ardyth said...

Your rich colours are just amazing! So glad you joined us at Muse this week with those fun presents!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my gosh the gold and orange is so glamorous Aileen!

Birgit said...

Both of these cards are fabulous! I love the touch of gold on each of them. So stunning and classy!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ahhh two wonderful cards, must admit to being rather partial to the pressie die, I love it. ( note: die addicted here )
well done on the blending, and yes gloves aren't my strong suit either. Was colouring with turquoise sprays and thoughtfully put on gloves first, but somehow half way through I took one off soooo turquoise paw result!!! Life is never colourless as a crafter :D
Thanks for the inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

foleysfriend said...

Love your interpretation of Jenni's Muse card; thanks for the tip about using glossy accents to adhere the "outline" piece. I struggle with this. Thanks also for the idea of die cutting a piece of watercolour paper and then adding the colour after they are cut. Don't know why this didn't occur to meI I typically die cut from several already watercoloured panels and end up with many little pieces.

Jenni's Jems said...

Two fabulous cards love the richness of the first and love the up stack of pressies ...like it better than mine !thank you do much for joining us at Muse this week x

Jenni's Jems said...

Two fabulous cards love the richness of the first and love the up stack of pressies ...like it better than mine !thank you do much for joining us at Muse this week x

Marina said...

Stunning orange and gold.

coldwaters2 said...

Two fabulous creations Aileen both beautifully designed but I must admit that orange and gold looks amazing
hugs
lorraine x

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards Aileen, the first one is stunning.
Pauline
x

BożenA said...

Two beautiful cards! First, I love the colors and gold accessories. This makes the card is beautiful and elegant. The second card is perfectly painted and shaded. And these colors are unusual. I love them both.
hugs,
BozenA

Lynne in NI said...

These are fabulous Aileen! The colours on your first are absolutely gorgeous! I would definitely have been stumped by that challenge pic, but you nailed it!

Kim Heggins said...

WOW!!!! LOVE all that incredible orange, just an amazing card, so beautiful and elegant! Love your sweet birthday card too, so much fun.

TaeEun said...

Your celebrate card in orange ombre and gold is just stunning, Aileen! Beautiful design and blending! The second card is adorable and colored so lovely! Super sweet CAS card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

The colors on your brightly colored packages are stunning! Love this CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Jodene said...

Gorgeous cards, and I love how you have created that stack of presents! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Catherine said...

Beautiful cards! I love the stack of presents and pretty colors. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

Barbara said...

I have to say that I really love both of these cards. Great take on the inspiration photo. The bright colors on the birthday card is a party. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Barbara DT member

Rachel x said...

I love that first card, Aileen... I'm not normally an 'orange person' but your rich background is perfect for that gorgeous stamp!! :)

Thank you for your comment on my blog btw... I will reply there ASAP but really appreciate you taking the time!! :) :) hugs, Rachel xx

Rachel x said...

I love that first card, Aileen... I'm not normally an 'orange person' but your rich background is perfect for that gorgeous stamp!! :)

Thank you for your comment on my blog btw... I will reply there ASAP but really appreciate you taking the time!! :) :) hugs, Rachel xx

Cara said...

Two lovely cards, but the first one is just stunning. Cara x

maria f. said...

Love those watercolored presents with gold ribbons. I'll take one ;) But I'm in total awe of your orange beauty. Amazing inking. And pairing it with that stamp was a perfect choice.

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and eye catching colours, love them x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Aileen - your awesome card got picked at Stampin' Royalty! Big congrats, love it!

Rahmat said...

What a gorgeous card Aileen, all that embossing really is stunning, and I love the second card even more, I remember seeing the Muse, and you practically nailed it in my opinion. I am happy to be your latest follower.