Translate

Sunday 16 December 2018

Reminder Post The Flower Challenge #27 Use an Old Stamp or Die


It's time for some more inspiration for our latest challenge. I missed the deadline for the start of the challenge having picked up some bug that put me out of action for a short time. Luckily there are so many wonderful ladies on the Design Team with inspiration for you it didn't cause a problem.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who will recognise this stamp from Hero Arts 'Delicate Blossoms' and it comes with this flower group and a smaller group. I couldn't find a link for Hero Art store but lots of other places had it. 
It is in with some of the first flower stamps I bought. I find it so easy to colour whether Copic or pencil or watercolour and always turns out perfectly. In this instance I have coloured with Copics and finished off with some Wink of Stella.

Check out the sparkle.  I have then added to the card base.

It was slightly narrower than the card base and rather than cut the base down I added some white and gold washi tape on the left. Finished the card off with the 'Awesome' die cut in gold mirror card with a vellum layer and a few sequins from a pretty mix of browns/pinks.


Now its time to go and check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team and get some amazing inspiration. I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery.

17 comments:

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Aileen. I’ve loved seeing all the older floral stamps being used!

TaeEun said...

One of my favorite stamps!!! Love the soft coloring with gorgeous shading! A beautiful CAS design, Aileen!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! and how lovely that the sparkle from the wink of stella shows up on screen!

Darnell said...

That is a beautiful image and so fun to color! I love how you've colored and winked it, Aileen, and I think the gold accents of the border and sediment fit it perfectly! I hope you are doing well and I wish you all the blessings of the holiday season and new year!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

ooh yes, I can see the wink too! LOVE!

Rachel Vass said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Aileen and fabulous colouring, as usual. Beautiful card.

Bobby said...

I love poppies and these in light pink are so beautiful, Aileen.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! You made the flowers sing 😊

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful flowers Aileen and I love the colors. The sentiment is perfect for your beautiful card and the gold really makes it shine. Gorgeous job!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a pretty card, Aileen. Thanks so much for your recent visits to my blog and the lovely comments. I really appreciate them. So sorry it's taken me forever to reply to you re: the white gel pen. I too have struggled with them. Right now I am using a Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip 1.0mm. and it's the best one I've tried so far. I leave my ink, or copic colouring to dry for an hour or so before I use it, then scribble on some scrap paper just to get it flowing. Then I find that a bold and quick line works best ( but not applying too much pressure). Hope that helps.
Merry Christmas xxx

Viv said...

Another fabulous card Aileen and love those amazing poppies and how you coloured them too. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas to you and your family also ;)hugs Viv xx

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring, love the gold sentiment with it!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Yes, my friend, this is a gorgeous card Aileen, I love the soft pinks on the flowers and I most definitely see the Wink of Stella, so lovely.
Like you said, this stamp set is not available anymore, so sad because it's just beautiful.
Gorgeous card my friend.
XO
Maria.
PS. Wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas and a fabulous 2019.

Greta said...

Pretty flowers & love the Washi down the side! Happy New Year!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Your card is so very awesome.
xx Karen

Jennifer D said...

This Gorgeous Card lives up to it's Sentiment. Happy New Year!

coldwaters2 said...

Happy New Yer Aileen this is so beautiful the image and your colouring is superb
hugs
lorraine x