Translate

Thursday 29 October 2020

Merry Christmas & Dear Santa


And the roll is on, the production line is moving. I had three orders arrive this week. One of them being from three months ago. They are all wonderful stamps and companies and cant blame anyone other than Covid and what its doing to the world.

The hardest thing I had to do was look at these wonderful items, caress them then put them away so I cant see them as I work through being good this year. Christmas cards will get sent out and they need to go soon I think. I'd rather someone had my card on display and enjoyed it for more than a month than for it to arrive Christmas Eve and packed away the next day lol.


Anyhooo check out this beauty, even though the photography is not so crash hot you can see its a beautiful elegant card and so easy to do. I die cut these large Tim Holtz Stunning Snowflake Die 
There are two in the set and even in Australia at $29.00 worth every cent. They cut perfectly with little effort. I saw a card with the same layout of silver with the sparkle silver in the centre and loved the look so went for it.

I also cut from mirror cardstock in Bronze, Gold, Pink, Purple, Blue and as much glitter cardstock as I could find then I also did in white in case I wanted to layer up.

I used a very elegant black cardstock that has a leather look to its surface and it looks amazing with the silver snowflake. You end up using one snowflake to layer the other.
The Merry Christmas is a wood one and I stamped with the clear ink pad then added silver embossing powder, twice. Cooked perfectly.

My husband loved it and suggested I make piles of them for everyone. I smiled gently and just drifted off to my pile of coloured images and backgrounds more determined than ever to use them all.


This cheeeky little missy is another of Mo's Digital Pencil images and is known as 'Coal'. Just check out that face and the cheeky little bit of butt on show. I didnt used the sentiment that came with it.

Thought you might enjoy a close up of that cheeky face.

I used the sentiment from  MFT Christmas set as I felt that rather suited her as well.
I added depth to the card front with a little bit of blended Distress Oxide' Black'
Some glitter cardstock behind the sentiment and a few gold stars.

Coal was coloured with Copics.

I Hope you enjoyed your visit and you come again soon.

Crafty Hugs


Aileen

 

2 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, that snowflake is pure elegance as is your card Aileen, and yes to another cheeky little grin from Mo, coloured to perfection!

I Card Everyone said...

Such elegance, and cheek - love both today, Aileen!
Hmmm what does that fun sentiment tell you about how I've been making Poinsettia cards by the half-dozen recently? Ha!
Santa understands... xx
=]