Translate

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Celebrate the Season & Magical & a couple of Alcohol Ink Backgrounds




 Anyone who has followed me for a while knows I love using these
Purple Onion critters to make a Christmas Tree. I stamped my
three critters to make the tree on watercolour cardstock.

Watercoloured with Zigs. Then of course I needed to add some Christmas
bling, hence the hanging silver snowflakes and a bunch of mini bells
on top of the tree. I cut around the image and added a layer of red fun foam .

Here you can see I have used a patterned paper that I put through the Minc with a piece of
rainbow coloured foil. It really looks fabulous but was impossible to catch on photo. The top section you see here is what it looks like all the way down.
Added a 'magical' die cut

This next card I white embossed the sentiment  on a piece of watercolour paper then filled the letters with my Zigs carefully, not using any water. I then built a scene with a Santa that fits so well over here in Australia, just love his cool shades and those shorts. 


Added a die cut cole of coconut trees and a drink for Santa . He's not too excited with the cocktail as he really prefers a beer but he's lost his bottle opener thats why he's standing over there on the left.


I love the card but realise I forgot the ground again and maybe thats why it looks incomplete to me, mmm maybe a bit of long grass and a bottle opener sticking out???




Two alcohol ink pieces I played with on the weekend. I find like with my Copic colouring I struggle to stop at enough but felt I did pretty well with this top one. I feel both are framable and I promised Ruth an Alcohol ink background and she said she liked blue so now she must choose which. 

This one is a bit more intense and has silver as well but both are beautiful. With a white piece around them then framed they will look great and the framing will cover the small pink bits in the first one.

My hands were so covered in pink by the time I did these I was contaminating everything. Both pieces are done on Yupo but the first is on Yupo Transparent which looks more like freezer paper to look at. The ink and blending solution sits on top a lot longer on this one which allowed for that such smoother finish.

I also learnt that you cannot be drying a piece and start looking for something else (one job at a time Aileen). I had made a beautiful pink and blue soft background piece that the next time I looked had a volcano centre. And that was that......


Last photo, flash back. Was asked by one of Elysha's friends from the Signing Choir if I could look for photos from the early years. Found this one- this was Elysha's first year in the Choir, last on the right, front row. She's in her first year of school there, kindergarten. The choir is also the class as they are all in the same class, all deaf, Teacher was hearing Teachers Aid deaf sign was the first language in the class room . Amazing to think this is 20 years ago.



Challenges:


Must include an animal
'Magical'




Magical Christmas tree




Celebrate the Season
Thought I would share an Aussie Christmas



Celebrate the Season
Check out how we do it in Australia!!!




Celebrate the Season






Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.


















16 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Love your Aussie Santa Aileen, great Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Cara said...

I love your fun cards, those snowflakes dangling off the critters are fabulous! Looks last ke you're rocking the alcohol inks too x

Viv said...

Really enjoyed reading your post Aileen. the pic of the choir is brilliant! Great cards - I have made a mess with alco inks too this morning.....!! Lots of backgrounds to use in the future!

Marilyn said...

Wowsa, fantastic background and I love the stacking critters. The little Santa scene is adorable and I do wish I had a summery scene like that here instead of the snow.

Kuni said...

What a wonderful christmas card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

BożenA said...

I love, love, love these enchanted animals with Purple Onion. They are so cute that each card with their use is amazing. I love your column created from these sweeteners.
And the second card is typical of the tropics ... it's cool to be there on holiday now. Unfortunately, in Europe, just starting winter, it is not as colorful as you are. But only a few months and will be agai May :-)
I hope that you is OK.
Hugs,
BożenA

JoAnn said...

Cute card and cute Santa. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Tracie Pond said...

This made me chuckle. I am used to celebrating the season in snow. Fun seeing a different side of things. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. Tracie =)

Jane said...

It's been bitterly cold here in the UK today, so the thought of Christmas in the sun is very appealing! Great card. Thanks for joining in with the AAA Cards challenge.

Dreja said...

Sehr schön gemacht. Das Motiv ist lustig. :D
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends und den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

seelenvoll kreativ said...

Och, sind die süß. Deine Karte ist entzückend. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends. LG Karina

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous and fun. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
E

Lynne in NI said...

Fab cards Aileen, I especially love your summery Santa - he'd catch his death here dressed like that ;)

Heike said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

Liebe Grüße
Heike

Daniela said...

Eine sehr schöne Weihnachtskarte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
Liebe Grüße, Daniela

Marlene Bonetti said...

Wow! So many beautiful cards! Wonderful!
Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
Hugs Marlene