Translate

Monday 5 June 2017

The Flower Challenge #9 Anything Goes

Its time for another challenge to get under way.
The Challenge for June is probably one of our all time favourites
as its 'Anything Goes' as long as the flowers are the main feature
of the card.

For my card I have stamped and Zig watercoloured the Mama Elephant


Loooove this stamp, its so easy to colour. In this instance I decided
to fussy cut the flower and place on a vivid pink card base.

Here you can see all that beautiful glitter from the Wink of Stella on the flowers
and for the word I added glue to a glue pen then white fine glitter as some of my
watercolour had run into the letters and no matter how much I cleaned I could still
see a shadow. The glitter covers it perfectly.




I used my cutter to add some lines rather than cut. I love the look of the card.
It was really easy to fussy cut and the watercolouring was very relaxed. Single layer
dried then added a bit more colour, no worrying about shadows and depth.

Thanks so much for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.
Its time to go to The Flower Challenge Blog and check out what the other Design Team
members have been up to. Once there you can click on any name to go to their blog
and see the details on their cards.

I hope you all decide to add a card or two to this months challenge.


Challenges:






'Flowers and Friends make life a garden'
Flowers and a hello to a friend







22 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful colours and the image really pops on that pink card base. Lovely vivid design. Hugs Mrs A.

Vicki Dutcher said...

AWESOME! Love this -- more power to you fussy cutting~

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is some card! I love the sweet background color and all your amazing flowers, stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bright card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Aileen: Love how this gorgeous spray of beautifully fussy cut flowers just pops with that lovely pink card base.
Fabulous coloring as always, my friend.
Hugs,
Maria.

Gracielalife Design - by Graciela said...

I love this card! the stamps is gorgeous and the coloring as weel, and so clever with the lines. i am really inspired to participate in this challenge, my first time :) love from Norway

lostinpaper said...

shazam! this certainly has the WOW factor Aileen!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the coloured background, it sets it off perfectly. Oddly enough, I stamped the same image yesterday and have it sat next to me as I type this ready for a colouring session this afternoon! Have a great week x

Marybeth said...

Beautiful blooms on bright and pretty paper, Love this,Aileen! Love the simple score lines and the lower edge of the card too! Gorgeous......

I Card Everyone said...

Aileen, I LOve the bright colors ... are the letters masked, or are they part of the floral stamp? Clever, either way... xx
=]

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Aileen! Love the bright, beautiful colors!! The pink base is an excellent choice! Love it!
xx Ashwini

papierelle said...

So beautiful!! I love this image.

sandie said...

I love the coloured base and wonderful colouring and we love all the glitter! Thanks for joining Time Out

Karen Dunbrook said...

I just love the visual impact this beautiful card has mf...wow...so well done!!
xx Karen

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, Aileen ... such yummy summery colouring and fabulous shimmer and glitteriness! Each time I see this stamp it heads a little further up my wish list ... thanks for helping it on it's way!! Happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Ruth said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I love the glitter on the Hello, even if it was there to fix a 'mistake'. I do love this stamp set every time I see it. I love it on the bright pink background too and I'm even more impressed that you fussy cut it.... xx

Viv said...

So pretty Aileen and I love the bright colours you have used too. That stamp is so lovely isn't it, so glad I bought it too ;) hugs Viv xx

TaeEun said...

What a perfect fussy cutting, Aileen! So bright and cheerful on that pink panel and the score lines add so much more interest to the card design!

Quillish said...

What a cheerful bright card.. loved your scoring.. and fussy cutting!

Quillish said...

What a cheerful bright card.. loved your scoring.. and fussy cutting!

Lucille K said...

Your card is so colorful and happy, just love it :)

Lucille K said...

Your card is so colorful and happy, just love it :)