Translate

Saturday 10 June 2017

Hooray Best Day Ever Three Cards Post


I decided I wanted to take part in the  Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge and time was running out.
It ends in five hours

I have a set of stamps I bought a very long time ago from Altenew and have never used so they have finally left the NBUS pile. I stamped them onto a number of patterned papers that resembled backgrounds that were perfect for succulents.

This one I loved, marble, perfect - Yes!!! I coloured with my Polychromo's and added
colour with my Coloursoft pencils from Derwent which is a greatly to boost the colours.

I was quite pleased with my colouring imagination as I dissent look at any succulents to see what colours I should be doing. I finished the card off with some vellum sentiments and an enamel dot to hide the glue.



This next card was stamped on a  whim. I saw the piece of
pattern paper and thought it would look cool with this particular succulent.

After colouring I really liked it. I added the vellum gold foil lips and sentiment and really
love the look. Its different. Don't know that it would fit a challenge but I enjoyed doing it.


I've used another of my watercolour backgrounds. Here I have blended pink from one end and blue at the other and ended up with a soft lilac in the centre. Used the rectangle stitched die to cut out the front panel then white cardstock for the Concord butterfly and white die cut 'fabulous.
Doesn't it look fabulous and can be used for so many different reasons.



This card is smaller than the others made as I had taped the card down and so the piece had sections that weren't covered in paint. I won't worry next time as they all straighten out ok and I like to be able to use the large die cuts.

Now for challenges:


Hooray Best Day Ever Card



With Love Card




Im pretty sure my butterfly and colours are all summer
and CAS but if not let me know and I will remove. Ta




Fabulous




Fabulous Card




I'm carer for my mum and dad who have dementia/Alzehimers and a daughter with
dual disabiltities. I needed something to sometimes loose myself in, I love colouring
and I love sharing what I do so its a win win situation. 

Hooray Best Day Ever Card




Cant think of any other challenges for the Succulents. Thanks so much for coming to visit. I hope you enjoyed your visit and come again soon.


















27 comments:

Marcia said...

Your coloring is amazing. Love how those succulents turned out. I love the marbled background paper - perfect for these stamps. I've never used Polychromo's and curious what they are. . . I'll be googling that. Thanks for sharing your creation with everyone at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous cards, each and every one of them! Love the butterfly one... I have that die but have never really known what to do with it. Yours looks fabulous!

Cara said...

Such a wonderful set of cards, love them all. The best day ever reminded me of a couple of weekends ago when I was sat out in the garden. I heard my neighbours little girl (4 or 5 years old) declare, " This is the best day ever! We've got the garden done, Grandma and Grandad are coming over and I can have the paddling pool out later. Best day ever!" Probably best not to put a paddle no pool next to a cactus though!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely delightful cards! Especially in love with your first card.. you are totally right with the marbled background for the succulents! And I totally loved the coloring on the succulents!! Wow!!
xx AShwini

Karren said...

Fabulous cards, Aileen! Your colouring of the succulents is wonderful and I love that triangle background!

lostinpaper said...

These are all so wonderful Aileen, glad to see those little succulents got the love they deserve, I really like to colour them up myself and you have really made them shine!

Jeanne H said...

Wonderful coloring on the succulents. Wow, you sound like one busy lady. Crafting does help so am glad to see you do it.

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic cards. The background on the butterfly card is very pretty, you used lovely colours. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty, I love the background for the butterflies. I am going to have to give it a go. Thanks for joining CAS Watercolour challenge :)

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I especially love the colouring on the first one!

nancy littrell said...

Pretty watercoloured background for your die cut butterfly and sentiment. TFS Aileen and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs...

Loll said...

Love your blend of watercolours to create a gorgeous combination of pink, blue and soft purple background for your beautiful white butterfly and sentiment. Wonderful design, Aileen. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

BożenA said...

I can not stop looking at these beautiful cards! Your succulents look so realistic !! It's hard to believe that it's drawing with crayons ... your artistry reached its peak. And I love the background in the third card. This color combination is perfect, looking at it I just smell the smell, something between the violets and the lilac. Amazing impression, thank you for that :-))
Hugs,
BożenA

Bonnie said...

Love the butterfly and the gorgeous colors of the background, Aileen! Your succulent cards are very nice too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Flo Langley said...

What a feast of gorgeousness. Loving the succulents. Beautifully coloured. The plant works really well with the triangles. It's like something you would see in a high end graphics advert in a magazine. The butterfly is so pretty.
Have a great week, hugs, Flo x

Bobby said...

For not looking at any succulents you sure colored them beautifully, Aileen. The pot on the second one matches the DP perfectly. The inked background is a wonderful blend to show off the butterfly.

Susan said...

Wonderful batch of cards! Love the first one with the great background and the great succulents. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Lynne said...

Super succulent card and marbling effect. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautiful watercoloring!Thanks for playing along with us at HLS Watercolor Challenge.

Angel said...

Great cards! So many fun embellishments! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

laurie said...

That watercolor background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Julie B said...

Love the colours of your w/c background to the die cut butterfly.
Thanks for sharing at HLS anything goes with dies.:)

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a wonderful set of cards mf...gotta love our creative time!
xx Karen

Tasha Vovchuk said...

Love your cards! That marble looks great with the succulents! So cool! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow great makes Aileen! Love your succulents and your BG on your butterfly card is so pretty :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous trio of beautiful cards...love that gorgeous butterfly!

maria f. said...

Such eye candy. I absolutely love that single cactus with the triangle geometrics in the corner. Great job pairing the images with PP.