Translate

Friday 30 June 2017

Playing With my Oxide Inks and a Card for the Summer Coffee bloghop


I finally bought The Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks and I am just waiting on my orange to arrive. It was a lot harder to get them in Australia basically unless you wanted to pay in advance and order that way. So I am finally playing and ohh my goodness as they beautiful to play with, they spread really like butter and the only difference I have found is that sometimes you have to re-blend areas as the colours can take from each other, sort of hard to describe but you will see when you use.

I found that if I didnt like what I had done then just add more flicks of water and more colour, put aside, look the next day. You can always use for other things, parts of die cuts etc.

This card was totally inspired by Technique Friday by Els  I just loved the 
colour combo she used and the feather and glitter but I diverted and went my own
way after the colours.

I did four sheets before I was happy and I used Multimedia paper, I loved it but
getting myself to stop over inking was the main thing. Just beautiful.

I then cut out the feather, added the piece to a card base then added the glitter,
ultra fine Martha Stewart glitter, then decided to add back the original
feather as I felt the card needed it.

I couldn't decide on a sentiment as I still struggle with what sentiments to put with a feather
so left it blank. Now at this stage the card was sitting on my desk complete and I was playing with
more backgrounds and water in a container....... and yep.... knocked over the water container.....hit the card in two main spots and it was nearly a bin worthy item. Lesson of the day..... kind of clean up as you go.... at least the water lol.


Now this cards for the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop 2017. Still colouring in some other images but always seem to be colouring in and then using for the next so this one is the free image that STAMPlorations provided last blog hop and I am using it now.


Coloured with Polychromo's, stamped sentiment and all done.


Now to go have a coffee with a friend.


Thanks so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




Stamplorations Free Digi Image
I cannot believe how many people take part in this
amazing blog hop each season and the amazing prizes.
Don't forget to check out who has supported the Blog Hop and
the brilliant cards.




Feather Card





Coffee cups and flowers card




The feather card




15 comments:

3kidmama said...

Love the amazing background blending you got. Such a great choice in colors - in fact, probably one of my favorite distress oxide backgrounds I've seen so far! So cool and summer-y feeling - perfect for North America this time of yr. LOL Love the fun cut-outs of that paper trey feather die too!

Patry Ro said...

Wonderful designs. I love both cards!!

Hetty said...

Wow, both cards are stunning. Love the use of the oxide inks and the coloring on your coffee card is stunning.

Cara said...

Great to hear that you are enjoying playing with the new oxides and your card is fabulous. I think a thinking of you sentiment works well with feathers. What a shame you had a water attack! Your second card is wonderful, looks like it was so much fun to colour x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are fantastic! Love the colors on them.

Shelly said...

oooh, these are beautiful!

Heidi said...

Love the combination of coffee cups and flowers!

~amy~ said...

Love both of your cards, your coloring on your second card is so much fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally LOVE that coloring page you did! WOW! WOW! WOW! Stunning with the coloring!

Karren said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love my Distress Oxides and can't wait for the next batch to be released!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Ahh Aileen looking forward to playing with mine now I've more than two, I've tried the tie together and they blend beautifully...
I smiled at your water accident that's me all over!!! Love the exquisite second card too!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful cards. I love feathers (just bought some ECD dies) - thanks
for the inspiration. And all the joyful color of the 2nd is beautiful.

Fikreta said...

very nice cards!
so colorful!

Lisa said...

Love that Stamplorations image! So beautiful with these bright colors. And your feather card is so beautiful also!

BożenA said...

Beautiful new graphic layout of the blog :-) I love the background of first card! My beloved colors and love how miraculously mix under the influence of water. Great cards
Hugs,
BożenA